Walking Tour of Toronto's Chinatown and Kensington Market
|COVID-19 SAFETY:||OPEN - PLEASE SEE BOTTOM OF PAGE FOR DETAILS|
|Price for:||1 Participant|
Explore two of Toronto's most colorful and multicultural neighborhoods —Chinatown and Kensington Market. On this 2-hour guided Toronto walking tour you’ll get up close and personal with both of these eclectic communities, experiencing the iconic uniqueness, rich history, and vibrant cultures both are known for.
See for yourself what all the buzz is about in Toronto's Kensington Market and Chinatown!
On this walking tour, you'll have the chance to get up close and personal with two of Toronto’s most colourful and multicultural neighbourhoods, experiencing the rich history, vibrant cultures, and iconic uniqueness both Chinatown and Kensington Market are known for.
With a reputation for local and international delicacies, unique vendors, and specialty shops, there really is nowhere else like this in Toronto. Distinctively different, yet undeniably and inherently similar, these two neighbourhoods sit right next to each other, offering both a wonderful juxtaposition, and interesting compliment to one another … perfect for exploring together on this unique Toronto tour.
In Kensington Market, you’ll learn how the neighbourhood has evolved from a working-class Jewish market into a working-class bohemian market. Over the past century, waves of immigrants have splashed colours, sounds, and flavours from the four corners of the earth throughout Kensington Market. The neighbourhood is known for its festivals, vintage shops, cafes, bakeries, hole-in-the-wall bars, and the many bare brick walls that have long been covered with graffiti murals. These murals are nearly all stunning, and have become one of the iconic features of the neighbourhood.
Right next door to Kensington Market is Chinatown, one of Canada's largest Chinese communities, and one of the largest Chinatowns in North America. During this part of your Toronto tour, your guide will enlighten you with some favourite local stories and intriguing history surrounding Toronto’s Chinatown.
By the time your Toronto tour is over, we can pretty much guarantee that you’ll want to hang around Chinatown and pop back into Kensington Market on your own for a while to pick up some vintage or one-of-a-kind souvenirs and gifts, and to devour a truly delicious meal at any of the dozens of tasty spots nearby.
If you are looking for unique things to do in Toronto, the Chinatown and Kensington Market Walking Tour will show you places to visit in Toronto that you have never thought of or knew were there!
- Explore the unique, bohemian atmosphere of Kensington Market, one of Toronto’s most eclectic and renowned neighbourhoods.
- Experience the sights, smells, and sounds of Toronto’s legendary Chinatown.
- Discover the hidden alleys and lanes to discover amazing graffiti art.
- A small group guided tour ensuring a personalized experience.
- 2-hour small group walking tour with a local guide.
- Local English-speaking guide.
- Coffee or tea at a local café.
- A snack at a local food vendor.
When: Available Year-round Tuesday through Sunday
Need to know:
- Maximum group size is 12.
- Dress according to weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- This tour is child friendly.
- Children under the age of six can join this tour free of charge.
- Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
This tour of Chinatown and Kensington Market takes place at Toronto, Ontario VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience