Enjoy an easy rafting and scenic float trip down the Athabasca River, a designated Canadian Heritage River. Experience Jasper National Park from a unique perspective on a 16-kilometre, 2.5-hour rafting trip that passes through many small sets of rapids and calm stretches. A truly Canadian outdoor experience.
From toddlers to seniors, a raft trip anyone can enjoy!
Bring the entire family. The specially designed, 7 meters (25 feet) long, oar powered rafts, offer a comfortable and safe ride through several small, easy sets of rapids and calm stretches that any first time rafter will enjoy. Don’t worry your National Park Licensed guides do all the rowing while you sit back and enjoy exploring all the spectacular scenery. Your guide will provide commentary on the natural and human history of Jasper while navigating you along the same route used by the “fur traders” over two centuries ago.
Jasper National Park is Canada's largest Rocky Mountain Park and one of North America's largest natural areas. Jasper offers first-class visitor activities, attractions, activities, service and facilities within magnificently scenic wilderness surroundings of unparalleled beauty. Pay attention, as there is always a chance of seeing various wildlife including elk, deer, moose, wolves, coyotes, ospreys, eagles, bears and mountain sheep.
Rivers are rated on a scale of one to six. Class 1 is calm, moving water and class 6 would be equivalent to Niagara Falls. The section of the Athabasca River that you’ll be rafting on is rated as a Class 2 meaning that there are some sections with rapids that will do little more than get your backside wet.
- A relaxing, fun scenic trip down the Athabasca River.
- The guides do all the rowing. You sit back and enjoy!
- An experience everyone in the family, young and old alike, can enjoy.
- A chance of seeing Jasper National Park wildlife.
- Professional local guide.
- Life jackets.
- Plastic rain poncho to protect you from splashes and potential rain showers.
- Transportation provided from downtown and Jasper hotels.
Season: May - October
Meeting location: Departs from the Totem Pole at the Jasper Train Station, 607 Connaught, Jasper.
Hotel pickup and return available for hotels within the town of Jasper.
Need to know:
- No experience is necessary.
- Rafts can accommodate up to 24 people.
- Life jacket and poncho provided.
- Wetsuits are not provided, and they are not necessary for this float trip.
- Tours will operate rain or shine.
- There are restroom facilities at the launch site of the raft trip.
- Minimum age for particpation is 2 years.
- A professional photographer will take your photo of your raft trip. You will have the opportunity to purchase the photo at the end of the trip.
- Tour guide gratuities are not included but feel free to show your appreciation with a gratuity.
- Transportation provided from downtown and Jasper hotels to the raft trip and back to town at the completion of the trip.
Whether you are looking for family fun things to do in Jasper or for a unique gift, the Jasper Rafting Float Trip on the Athabasca River experience is the ticket!
The white water rafting tripstakes place at Jasper, Alberta.VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience