Jasper Rafting Float Trip on the Athabasca River
Enjoy an easy river rafting and scenic float trip down the Athabasca River in Jasper National Park, a designated Canadian Heritage River. Pass through many sets of small rapids and calm stretches as your guide points out the natural and human history of Jasper.
|Price for:||1 Participant|
Jasper Rafting Float Trip ADULT
Jasper Rafting Float Trip YOUTH
Youth = 6 - 17 years.
Jasper Rafting Float Trip CHILD
Child = 2 - 5 years.
From toddlers to seniors, this is a rafting trip everyone can enjoy!
Bring the entire family. The specially designed, 7 meters (25 feet) long, oar powered rafts, offer a comfortable and safe ride through several small, easy sets of rapids and calm stretches that any first-time rafter will enjoy. Your National Park Licensed guide will be doing all rowing while you sit back and enjoy all the spectacular scenery.
Your guide will provide commentary on the natural and human history of Jasper while navigating along the same route used by the “fur traders” over two centuries ago. Jasper National Park is Canada's largest Rocky Mountain Park and one of North America's largest natural areas. Watch closely as there is always a chance of seeing various wildlife including elk, deer, moose, wolves, coyotes, ospreys, eagles, bears and mountain sheep.
Rivers are rated on a scale of one to six. Class 1 is calm, moving water and class 6 would be equivalent to Niagara Falls. The section of the Athabasca River that you’ll be rafting on is rated as a Class 2 meaning that there are some sections with rapids that will do little more than get your backside wet.
- A relaxing, fun scenic trip down the Athabasca River.
- The guides do all the rowing. You sit back and enjoy!
- An experience everyone in the family, young and old alike, can enjoy.
- A chance of seeing Jasper National Park wildlife.
- Professional local guide.
- Life jackets.
- Plastic rain poncho to protect you from splashes and potential rain showers.
- Transportation provided from downtown and Jasper hotels.
Duration: 2 to 3-hours
Season: May - October
Meeting location: Departs from the Totem Pole at the Jasper Train Station, 607 Connaught, Jasper.
Need to know:
- No experience is necessary.
- Rafts can accommodate up to 24 people.
- This float trip is safe for the whole family, swimmers and non-swimmers alike. Everyone is provided with a personal floatation device.
- Wetsuits are not provided, and they are not necessary for this float trip.
- Tours will operate rain or shine.
- There are restroom facilities at the launch site of the raft trip.
- Minimum age for participation is 2 years.
- Tour guide gratuities are not included but feel free to show your appreciation with a gratuity.
Whether you are looking for family fun things to do in Jasper or for a unique gift, the Jasper Rafting Float Trip on the Athabasca River experience is the ticket!
The white water rafting tripstakes place at Jasper, Alberta.VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience