Greektown on the Danforth Toronto Food Tour
|COVID-19 SAFETY:||On COVID-hold for the time being|
|Price for:||1 Participant|
Discover the best places to enjoy authentic Greek food in Toronto. Enjoy dishes made with old family recipes on the Greektown on the Danforth Food Tour. This tour will have your tummy screaming Opa!
Be prepared to enjoy Greek hospitality at its finest as you sink your teeth into Greek atmosphere, character and awesome food.
Chef Scott learned the restaurant business from a Greek restaurateur when he started working in restaurant kitchens at the age of 12. He has always had a great respect for their work ethic and culture. Several years ago, a local Greek celebrity cookbook author and chef, Peter Minaki, brought Chef Scott to Toronto’s Greektown to show him some of the best places to eat … and he has never stopped going back.
Get ready to try the best souvlaki, calamari, gyros, Spanikopita, lamb, fish and Greek Mezes with a little Greek wine to wash it all down. When you are not busy eating, your guide will show you the sights and sounds of the neighbourhood, like where “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” was filmed. If you’re lucky you might even get to meet the restaurant owner who had a small role in the sequel.
- Tour one of the largest Greektowns in North America.
- Authentic Greek food made from scratch using old family recipes .
- Led by a local culinary professional.
- Taste the best Calamari in Toronto.
- Enjoy Greek Wines.
- Satisfy your Sweet Tooth.
- See where scenes of the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" were shot.
- All preselected food & drink including 8 dishes and 2 Greek wines at 4 eateries.
- Small-group walking tour with local guide.
- Restaurant tax & gratuities.
When:Available year-round Wednesdays at 7:00pm
Meeting location:On the North East corner of Danforth and Logan Ave, next to the statue in Alexander the Great Parkette.
Need to know:
- Vegan & Gluten free options may be available. Please inquire when you reserve your tour time.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable footwear.
- Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government issued photo ID.
Whether you are visiting for the first time, or you are a locallooking for fun things to do in Toronto, the Greektown on the Danforth Toronto Food Tour is definitely a unique, fun dining experience and a great experience gift.
This foodie adventuretakes place at Toronto, Ontario.VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience