See magnificent bald eagles in their winter habitat on the Winter Eagle View Float. Enjoy a gentle ride down the Cheakamus and Squamish Rivers to witness the spectacular natural phenomenon that is the world's largest gathering of bald eagles coming to feast on spawning wild salmon.
Every winter, Squamish is visited by one of the largest populations of bald eagles in the world, coming to feast on the spawning pink salmon.
Sip on a hot beverage as you float down the river for an unforgettable experience that will connect you with the cycle of life. Warm up afterwards with a warm and hearty snack, hot beverage and refreshments.
October to November – With thousands of wild salmon spawning in the river, animals like bears, wolves and seals come out to enjoy the salmon before winter arrives.
November to February: The is peak eagle viewing season. The world’s largest gathering of bald eagles sitting in the trees overhead “talk” to each other and dive down to the river for salmon. Many other waterfowl like mallards, dippers and herons can be seen enjoying the bountiful salmon food source along with the bald eagles.
March to April: As their food source begins to deplete there are fewer eagles and other waterfowl. The snow-capped mountains, cascading spring-melt waterfalls and the awakening of local flora and fauna from winter’s slumber make for an unforgettable float down the Cheakamus and Squamish rivers.
The Winter Eagle Viewing Float experience is especially memorable for anyone interested in wildlife, bird watching, or photography in the beautiful setting of the Paradise Valley. Rest your legs and enjoy this experience of a lifetime from the unique vantage point of a raft.
This gentle river float is fun for all ages and ability levels.
$5 from every booking is donated to the Squamish Environment Society's Eagle Watch Volunteer Program.
- All required river and safety gear.
- A professional and knowledgeable river guide.
- A warm drink and hearty snack (warm bowl of chilli and dessert).
- Free Whistler and Squamish transfers available upon request.
- A professional photographer will also be taking photos of your adventure along the way which will be provided to you at no additional charge at the end of your tour.
Duration: 3.5 hours round trip, with 1 hour on the water.
Meeting location: 38145 Second Avenue, Squamish, BC.
When: October through April
Eagle population in Squamish Valley greatest from November 15- February 15.
Daily departures 11:00am (subject to availability)
Need to know:
- Minimum age is 5 years old.
- Minimum weight is 50 lbs.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. It is recommended you dress in layers and prepare for cold conditions while on the water.
- Complimentary wet weather gear and gum boots are provided as needed.
- Free round-trip shuttle from Whistler and Squamish.
- Shuttle from Downtown Vancouver available for $35 per person. This can be purchased when you reserve your tour time with tour provider.
Whether you are looking for fun things to do in Squamish or for a unique experience gift, the Winter Eagle Viewing Float experience is the ticket... so don't forget your camera!
This Winter Eagle Viewing Float experience takes place at Squamish, British Columbia. VIEW MAP
Read Being Tazim’s review of their experience on Winter Eagle Viewing Float in Squamish, British Columbia.
How To Book Your Experience