See magnificent bald eagles in their winter habitat. Enjoy a gentle float down the Cheakamus and Squamish Rivers to witness the spectacular natural phenomenon that is the world's largest gathering of bald eagles coming to feast on spawning wild salmon.
Every winter, Squamish is visited by one of the largest populations of bald eagles in the world, coming to feast on the spawning pink salmon. From November until February, you can float down the Cheakamus and Squamish Rivers for a unique vantage point and to learn more about these magnificent birds from knowledgeable and experienced guides.
Sip on a hot beverage as you float down the river for an unforgettable experience that will connect you with the cycle of life. Warm up afterwards with a warm and hearty snack, hot beverage and refreshments.
The Winter Eagle Viewing Float half day outing is especially memorable for anyone interested in wildlife, bird watching, or photography in the beautiful setting of the Paradise Valley. Rest your legs and enjoy this experience of a lifetime from the unique vantage point of a raft.
$5 from every booking is donated to the Squamish Environment Society's Eagle Watch Volunteer Program.
- All required river and safety gear.
- A professional and knowledgeable river guide.
- A warm drink and hearty snack (warm bowl of chilli and dessert).
- Whistler transfers available upon request.
Duration: 3 hours round trip, with 1 hour on the water.
Meeting location: 38145 Second Avenue, Squamish, BC
When: December, 2017 - April, 2018 (eagle population in Squamish Valley greatest from December to February)
Daily departures 11:00am (subject to availability)
Need to know:
- Minimum age is 5 years old.
- Minimum weight is 50 lbs.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. It is recommended you dress in layers and prepare for cold conditions while on the water.
- Complimentary wet weather gear and gum boots are provided as needed.
This Winter Eagle Viewing Float experience takes place at Squamish, British Columbia. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience