Discover Victoria in a fun new way on a clue-solving adventure that transforms Victoria into a real-life puzzle board, with you and your friends as the game pieces! It’s your chance to explore, discover and have fun during this unique and interactive game. Using a smartphone or tablet as your “tour guide”, this interactive activity allows family and friends to join you in testing your knowledge, uncover city hotspots, and have lots of fun!
It’s your adventure, your way!
A game? A tour? YOU decide! Your clue solving route will lead you on an adventure through downtown Victoria. Combining the fun of a scavenger hunt with the clue-solving challenge of an escape room and the added excitement of a race against the clock, it’s more than just a tour. This adventure game is a brain-teasing voyage of discovery and it’s your golden ticket to finding secrets even the locals don’t know.
You’ll receive a series of clues on the free APP. Each clue will lead you on an easy walk to a new location where you'll solve a puzzle or find a hidden word. Along the way you'll visit local icons, uncover hidden places, discover great dining and shopping, and enjoy stunning scenery.
This adventure is a great experience for families, friends, and groups. Whether you choose to race the clock or simply enjoy the experience as you tour the town is entirely up to you!
How it works:
- Once you’ve registered your adventure and selected your start date with the tour provider you’ll receive an email with instructions and access code. (This is done after you’ve activated your experience on Breakaway Experiences’ website.)
- Download the free APP and use the access code to activate your adventure.
- You’ll then receive a series of clues through the tour App. Each clue will lead you on an easy walk to a different location where you will have to solve a puzzle or find a hidden word.
- Clues are written assuming you have no knowledge of the town and are sequential. Each clue has several components to look for to guide you towards that clue’s destination.
- Submit the correct answer and you will immediately get the next clue. (Don’t worry, hints and directions are available but do cost you a time penalty)
- Complete all the clues and solve the final mystery!
Choose from 2 exciting Victoria Adventures:
Victoria Signature Adventure - After the Gold Rush
Solve the mystery of who stole your family’s Gold Rush fortune (without getting lost in fabulous old streets, alleys and shops along the way). Follow a trail of clues to find the book that hides the identity of the alleged cheat, and maybe even the treasure itself!
- Start location: Downtown Victoria
- Start time: Any day of the week between 10:00am and 3:00pm
- Walking distance: approximately 3 km on mostly flat roads.
- Average time to complete: 3 hours plus optional breaks
- What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for flat walking around town. Dress for the weather.
- Children: This adventure is designed for 19 year and over only.
Victoria Scavenger Hunt Adventure - Fisherman's Blues
Explore Victoria’s Harbour as you help a local fisherman find missing items stolen from his tackle box (but can you be quick enough to help him make the tide!)
- Start location: Downtown Victoria
- Start time: any day of the week between 9:00am and 6:00pm
- Walking distance: approximately 2.5 km of flat walking.
- Average time to complete: 1 to 2 hours plus optional breaks
- What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for flat walking around the terminal. You are not required to go outside.
- Children: This adventure is perfect for families
Need to know:
- You are not required to purchase anything along the route, however there are multiple opportunities for shopping and dining if you wish.
- Please ensure that your cellphone is charged before you start. Additional phones can be added at no extra cost. You are only required to use the phone for the APP - no internet browsing or photos. Bringing a phone charger is a good idea if your battery is weak. You may charge your phone by speaking to the businesses at your scheduled breaks. Data plans are only used to activate the adventure and are not used during play.
- Suggested team size is 2-4 players. It is most fun when working with other people to find and solve clues.
- You can start any day, but must start within a daily time window. Along the way you will interact with several businesses and the start window is set to align with their opening hours.
If you're looking for something totally different to do in Victoria, and you think you have what it takes to solve the clues, or you're looking for an awesome experience gift for someone who deserves a little bit of adventure in their lives, try one of these fantastic Victoria Clue Solving Adventures!
How To Book Your Experience