This experience is no longer available. If you have a certificate for this experience please contact Breakaway Experiences - see Contact Us page.
This trendy area 15 minutes south of downtown is a must-see for a truly authentic local experience. On the Vancouver Sip, Savour and Shop on Main Street Food Tour you will stroll along Main Street and visit 8 local shops. This is a great opportunity to meet the locals, sample some of the best food & beverages in the city and purchase unique foodie gifts.
The tour starts at The Honey Shoppe for a local honey tasting and a sample of honeycomb. The Lower Mainland is one of the largest producers of cranberries and blueberries which makes for some pretty tasty local honey. Next, sample a queijo, a Brazilian pastry made from cassava root and cheese at Quejos, a gluten free bakery.
The next stop is visit to a local knife shop that carries the largest collection of Japanese knives in Canada. Here you’ll get a lesson on the best way to wield a kitchen knife and learn what makes Japanese steel so special. Then it’s on to Balance Botanicals, a very modern apothecary to learn about organic spices, teas and herbs.
It wouldn’t be an authentic Vancouver experience without a cold-pressed juice sample and you’ll get yours along with a healthy salad from a stop at the Juicery Co., a juice company with a local farm where they source most of their fruits and vegetables. Next, the tour visits August Market, a small but mighty grocery store for some samples of ginger beer and local kombucha.
The next stop on the tour is a throwback to all things analogue. You’ll visit a paper shop for a button making lesson at the very quirky Regional Assembly of Text. The last stop is a mind-blowing fish taco from The Fish Counter, led by Iron Chef Robert Clarke and biologist Mike. This dynamic duo will teach us all about sustainable fishing while we sample some of the best seafood in the city.
- 8+ samples of food & beverages from 5 local shops.
- Enjoy a private honey tasting of local and international honey.
- Sample a mind-blowing fish taco made by Iron Chef Robert Clarke at a local & sustainable seafood shop.
- Learn more about the history and stories of bustling Main Street.
- Led by a local culinary professional.
When: November to April: Saturdays & Sundays 1pm – 4pm
May to October: Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays 1pm – 4pm
Duration: 3 hours
Meeting place: The Honey Shoppe (4125 Main Street)
Need to Know:
- Price includes: all food, beverage tastings and expert tour guide.
- This tour has a vegetarian option that can be requested when you reserve your tour time.
- This tour can be made gluten free upon request.
- Please note that the tour can not accommodate for the following allergies: dairy, severe peanut.
- Capacity: maximum 12 guests, minimum 4. Guests will be notified 24 hours in advance if minimum not met.
- Walking distance: less than 1 km. Total walking time is approximately 20 minutes.
- Tour runs regardless of weather.
Whether you are looking for a unique gift or a fun afternoon adventure of discovering the best places to eat in Vancouver, the Vancouver Sip, Savour and Shop on Main Street Food Tour is the ticket!
The Vancouver Sip, Savour and Shop on Main Street Food Tour takes place at Vancouver, British Columbia. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience