Vancouver Island Cycling Tour from Vancouver with Lunch and Wine Tasting
Vancouver, British Columbia
Enjoy an all-inclusive, 4-hour guided cycling tour of Vancouver Island with lunch and wine tasting as you explore the natural highlights of Southern Vancouver Island! From colorful farmland and rugged coastline to lush forests and vineyards, this tour has it all.
The tour begins with your guide picking you up in downtown Vancouver and driving to the ferry terminal to cross the Strait of Georgia to Swartz Bay. The ferry trip is a relaxed start to the morning with spectacular views of the Salish Sea & Gulf Islands and an opportunity for wildlife sightings.
Once you arrive on Vancouver Island, you’ll hop on a bike and begin your cycle along the Lockside Trail through the Saanich Peninsula, taking in stunning views of the coastline. Lunch is at a local farm-to-table café, serving fresh ingredients from the local farmland.
After lunch, the tour makes its way to Elk/Beaver Lake Regional Park, where you’ll cycle around the lake enjoying the pristine nature and tranquility en route to De Vine Vineyards. The final stretch up the hill to this Vancouver Island winery is deservedly rewarded with a refreshing taste of the opulent and crisp wines this region offers. Sit back, relax and take in the magnificent views over the Saanich Peninsula and beyond.
Following the wine tasting you’ll make your way back to the ferry terminal along quiet trails and country roads. At Swartz Bay you’ll board the ferry for the voyage back to Vancouver.
The Saanich Peninsula is one of Vancouver Island's hidden gems, defined by its lush farmland and country side, rolling hills and rugged coastline. This bike tour will give you a unique Vancouver Island experience as you ride through a variety of terrains, ranging from a marvellous regional park to a quiet seaside town.
The trip is suitable for adventurous people of all ages, with a basic to moderate level of fitness.
- Bicycle and helmet.
- Friendly and knowledgeable tour guide and driver.
- Transportation for the day.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from downtown Vancouver.
- Return ferry crossing from Vancouver to Schwartz Bay, Vancouver Island.
- Lunch and refreshments.
- Wine tasting.
Distance: Approximately 55km on quiet country roads and professionally maintained trails. The route can be made shorter or longer depending upon the desire of the group.
Duration:9 to 12 hours depending upon the speed of the group and the route taken.
Need to know:
- The riding is 95% flat with two short climbs.
- Small group size with a maximum of 12 people per tour.
- Suitable for all ages, with a basic to moderate level of fitness.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- All the bikes are thoroughly maintained before and after every ride to ensure you have a problem free, safe.
- The hybrid bikes are ideally suited to the terrain of the tour, boasting a comfortable upright riding position and 27"semi-slick wheels for more efficient cycling.
- All tours are paced according to the individuals on each tour. A nice leisurely pace sets the tone while you pedal along and enjoy the serenity and beauty of the countryside.
- Individuals should have some level of fitness and the ability to ride a bicycle in order to enjoy the tour in a safe and pleasurable manner.
- Tour participants are recommended to wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing and closed toe footwear.
- Tour participants are recommended to bring sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat for protection from the sun.
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. A vegetarian option is available.
Whether you are looking for a unique gift or a fun way to experience Vancouver Island, the Vancouver Island Cycling Tour from Vancouver with Lunch and Wine Tasting is the ticket!
This sightseeing tour takes place at Vancouver, British Columbia.
How To Book Your Experience