Vancouver Guided Snowshoeing Tour
Vancouver, British Columbia
Suit up in your warm winter gear, strap on a pair of snowshoes and prepare to explore the powdered beauty of Vancouver’s North Shore in winter. Discover a snowy winter paradise as you venture through the snow-covered forests and majestic mountains on the Vancouver Guided Snowshoeing Tour.
No experience necessary for this adventure. If you can walk, you can snowshoe!
Snowshoeing is the easiest way to experience the magic of winter in the mountains and is fun for all ages and abilities. It is a mix of fun, learning and challenge, combined with the simple enjoyment of being outside in nature.
Your winter wonderland guided snowshoeing experience begins in downtown Vancouver, where you'll meet your knowledgeable guide and set off on the short and scenic drive high into the mountains. Arriving at the lodge, you’ll put your snowshoes on and be given a short demonstration on the equipment before heading out into the serene beauty of a natural winter playground.
Along the way you’ll learn about the rich culture of the Squamish First Nation who have flourished for thousands of years in this rugged and wild landscape. The route ventures off the beaten path and meanders beneath the ancient giants of the old growth forest.
Experience a world away from the crowded ski slopes and appreciate the tranquility and peace of this winter wonderland. The group will rest for a while in the snowy forest and enjoy a snack and a hot drink of cocoa, tea or coffee. Following the break, you’ll make your way back through the forest and return to the lodge. During the short drive back to downtown Vancouver, there is a brief stop along the way to enjoy a magnificent panoramic view over the city.
- Spectacular scenery only a short drive from Vancouver.
- Experience snow covered old growth forest.
- Learn about the local First Nations.
- Snow shoes, poles, winter gaiters and all safety equipment.
- Professional tour guide and driver.
- Transportation for the day.
- Trail access.
- Snack and hot drink.
Need to know:
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Guests should dress in skiwear for this trip including hats, mitts and warm boots. We strongly recommend waterproof shoes and pants, as you will likely be walking in deep snow.
- Small group size with a maximum of 12 people per tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Don't forget your camera!
If you are looking for fun things to do in Vancouver this winter with family and friends, this Vancouver Guided Snowshoeing Tour is the ticket!
The snowshoeing experience takes place at Vancouver, British Columbia.
How To Book Your Experience