Discover Vancouver in an exciting new way on this clue-solving adventure that transforms Vancouver into a real-life puzzle board, with you and your friends as the game pieces! It’s your chance to explore, discover and have fun during this unique and interactive game. Using a tablet or smartphone as your “tour guide”, this interactive activity allows friends and family to join you in challenging your knowledge, discover city hotspots, and have lots of fun!
It’s your adventure, your way!
A game? A tour? YOU decide! Your clue solving route will lead you on an adventure through downtown Vancouver. Combining the clue-solving challenge of an escape room with the fun of a scavenger hunt and the added excitement of a race against the clock, it’s more than just a tour. This adventure game is a brain-teasing voyage of discovery. It’s your golden ticket to finding secrets even the locals don’t know!
You’ll receive a series of clues on the free APP. Each clue will lead you on an easy walk to a new location where you'll find a hidden work or solve a puzzle. Along the way you'll visit local icons, uncover hidden places, discover great shopping and dining, and experience stunning scenery.
This adventure is a great experience for families, friends, and groups. Whether you choose to race the clock or simply enjoy the experience as you tour Vancouver is entirely up to you!
How it works:
- Once you’ve registered your adventure and selected your start date with the tour provider you’ll receive an email with instructions and access code. (This is done after you’ve activated your experience on Breakaway Experiences’ website.)
- Download the free APP and use the access code to activate your adventure.
- You’ll then receive a series of clues through the tour App. Each clue will lead you on an easy walk to a different location where you will have to solve a puzzle or find a hidden word.
- Clues are written assuming you have no knowledge of the town and are sequential. Each clue has several components to look for to guide you towards that clue’s destination.
- Submit the correct answer and you will immediately get the next clue. (Don’t worry, hints and directions are available but do cost you a time penalty!)
- Complete all the clues and solve the final mystery!
Your exciting Vancouver Clue Solving Adventure: Age of Steam
A local historian has figured out the combination to a 100-year old treasure chest – but needs your help to make sure it is right! Be warned, it’s tough (and there are a lot of distractions along the way!)
- Start location: Downtown Vancouver
- Start time: Any day of the week at any time of day
- Walking distance: approximately 4 km on mostly flat roads.
- Average time to complete: 2-3 hours plus optional breaks
- What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for flat walking around town. Dress for the weather.
- Children: This adventure is family friendly.
Need to know:
- You are not required to purchase anything along the route, however there are multiple opportunities for shopping and dining if you wish.
- Please ensure that your cellphone is charged before you start. Additional phones can be added at no extra cost. You are only required to use the phone for the APP - no internet browsing or photos. Bringing a phone charger is a good idea if your battery is weak. You may charge your phone by speaking to the businesses at your scheduled breaks. Data plans are only used to activate the adventure and are not used during play.
- Suggested team size is 2-4 players. It is most fun when working with other people to find and solve clues.
- You can start any day, but must start within a daily time window. Along the way you will interact with several businesses and the start window is set to align with their opening hours.
If you're looking for something totally different to do in Vancouver, and you think you have what it takes to solve the clues, or you're looking for an awesome experience gift for someone who deserves a little bit of adventure in their lives, try this fantastic Vancouver Clue Solving Adventure!
How To Book Your Experience