Toronto’s Original Pizza Tour
Discover the best pizza in town on Toronto’s Original Pizza Tour. Your pizza-crazed guide will show you the sights and sounds of the city as you eat your way through four different neighborhoods & six pizzerias, while giving you the skinny on crusts, sauce, cheese and toppings. Along the way, savour a slice of the pie that was voted best pizza in Toronto.
Discover the best pizza in town.
Spend an afternoon learning about the history of what has become North America’s favourite comfort food. Taste the difference between wood fired and gas fired, charcoal crust to thin crust. Savour a slice of the pie that was voted best pizza in Toronto. Sink your teeth into traditional Romana style pizza whose crust is made from dough that is 85% water and perfected by a local chef turned TV host that once worked in the kitchens of Jean – George Vongerichten and Mario Batali.
Trust us when we say this is not a tasting tour … we guarantee that you will be full when this tour ends! Great pizza, trivia and a bit of history combine to make this an absolute must do for pizza lovers. You will even get a copy of Chef Scott’s own pizza recipe to try at home.
You’ll meet your uniformed guide at the North East corner of Spadina Avenue and Queen Street West and after a brief history lesson of Toronto you are off for an epic afternoon of pizza tasting. The tour will wind its way through 4 distinct Toronto neighbourhoods: Chinatown, Queen West, Kensington Market & Little Italy, and a quick visit to Toronto's famous Graffiti Alley. Along the way, your guide will tell you funny stories of the area and point out some of the interesting sights and sounds.
In total, you will taste seven different pizzas, each one more unique than the last. You will run the gamut from traditional to modern, wood fire cooked to traditional gas oven cooking and learn about the pizza making process, sauce, dough, cheeses and toppings. Wash it all down with a selection Italian Sodas, Italian Wine and Craft Beer.
The Toronto food tour includes all preselected food, beverages and restaurant taxes & gratuities.
- Get a brief history lesson of Toronto, hear funny stories and meet the locals
- Learn the pizza making process
- Taste the #1 pizza in Toronto
- Visit the second oldest pizzeria in Toronto
- Great for locals & tourists alike
- All preselected food & drink
- Small-group walking tour with local guide
- Restaurant tax & gratuities (Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion)
Duration: 4 hours approximatley
When: Mondays at 6 pm and Sundays at 1pm
Meeting location: The North East corner of Spadina and Queen in front of the CIBC Bank
Need to know:
- Vegetarian options available on request.
- Vegan & Gluten free options may be available for a small surcharge. Please inquire when you reserve your tour time.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable footwear.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government issued photo ID.
Does this tour have anything to offer local Torontonians? Absolutely! Many of the tour attendees live right in Toronto. Locals often take the Pizza Tour to learn about the history, great pizza and out of the way eateries that they didn’t know about. If you are looking for tasty and fun things to do in Toronto, this it it!
Toronto's Original Pizza Tour takes place at Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience