Toronto Urban Whiskey Trail Experience
Minimum age for participation - 19 years
Sip your way along Toronto’s Urban Whiskey Trail during this unique Toronto tour and tasting experience. Learn about Canadian Whiskeys and Whiskey Cocktails in a fun filled 4 hours.
Discover the secrets of Canadian whiskey.
Whether you are a whiskey novice or a malt master, you’re sure to learn something new about Canadian whiskeys and whiskey cocktails on this walking tour that includes food pairings.
With a focus on Canadian whiskey and food pairings, the evening starts with a flight of 4 whiskies at a place that bills itself as “Canada’s Whiskey Bar”. Next is a classic whiskey sour cocktail at a turn of the century hotel.
Along the way, your guide will share entertaining stories of Toronto’s colourful past and its links to the Rum Runners and Gangsters of the Prohibition era. You’ll see where Toronto’s most powerful family and owners of the largest distillery in the world helped shape Toronto in the city we know today.
The tour passes through the old bordello district to learn about the “Clown Riots” with a stop for a Whiskey Manhattan and a bite to eat at an iconic Toronto landmark.
Lastly, you’ll stop at a popular whiskey lounge where you’ll step inside and discover the secrets of a wooden whiskey tunnel. To end the night, savour a whiskey, cheese and chocolate pairing.
So, whether you are a whiskey novice or a malt master, the Toronto Urban Whiskey Trail Experience is a perfect blend of modern and old school.
The tour includes all preselected food, beverages, and restaurant gratuities.
- You’ll get to know terms, barley types and find out exactly what is the “Angels Share”
- Enjoy 5 whiskeys and 3 cocktails at 4 different watering holes
- Taste a cheese, chocolate & whiskey pairing
- Enjoy a cocktail and bite to eat at Toronto’s most photographed building
- Hear stories of Toronto Prohibition era and its ties to run runners, gangsters and America’s powerful Kennedy family.
- Step inside a “Wooden Whiskey Tunnel” and learn its secrets.
- All preselected food & drink
- Local guide
- Restaurant tax & gratuities (Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion)
Duration: 4 hours approximately
When: Available year-round Thursdays at 6pm
Meeting location: 75 Lower Simcoe St. West Entrance of the Delta Hotel Lobby
Need to know:
- Minimum age is 19 years. Proof of age may be required, please bring government issued photo ID.
- The tour provider reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who has accidentally had one too many. No refunds will be issued.
- Vegetarian options available on request.
- Vegan & Gluten free options may be available for a small surcharge. Please inquire when you reserve your tour time.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable footwear.
Whiskey tasting is the perfect experience gift for anyone with a passion for the ‘water of life’ and a thirst to discover more about this incredible spirit!
The Toronto Urban Wiskey Trail Experience takes place at Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience