Toronto Islands Stand Up Paddleboarding Nighttime Adventure
Minimum age for participation - 14 years
Experience a unique night time stand up paddleboard (SUP) tour as you paddle your way through the tranquil waters of the Toronto Islands. Equipped with your illuminated torch paddle, you will navigate the hidden paths that will carry you to the breathtaking views of the Toronto’s skyline, wild life and island homes.
Take in the stunning views as you paddle the Toronto Islands as dusk settles in.
Your Toronto Island SUP Nighttime Adventure begins just before sunset at the launch site on Wards Island where your guide will be waiting for you. If you are new to paddleboarding, not a problem. Instructors will be there to give some quick lessons to ensure you have the skills necessary for an enjoyable experience.
No experience required.
The SUP tour begins with a leisurely sunset paddle under the Algonquin Bridge past boat houses and island homes, arriving at the sandy shoals of Sunfish Cut. As you round Algonquin Island, you’ll experience a spectacular view of the Toronto Harbour skyline. Here, you can take a short break for photo opportunities and an optional short swim in the shallow, warm waters.
Next, you’ll go on an adventure through Turtle Alley, one of Toronto Island’s hidden passageways. Your guides will show you how to use your Torch Paddles to safely navigate your paddleboard around sunken logs and fallen trees.
Once through Turtle Alley, your Nighttime SUP Adventure takes you into Snug Harbour, one of the best vantage points to see Toronto’s famous skyline. You’ll see the CN Tower, Toronto’s skyscrapers and Roger’s Centre brilliantly illuminated.
After taking in spectacular night views of the cityscape, you’ll re-enter Toronto Island’s inner waterways at the Royal Canadian Yacht Club, one of Canada’s most renowned yacht clubs. You’ll head east at Centreville Theme Park for a leisurely paddle back to Algonquin Bridge.
- Experience breathtaking sunset and nighttime views of the Toronto skyline.
- Paddle the serene waterways of the Toronto Islands with an illuminated torch paddle in hand.
- Guided SUP tour of the Toronto Islands;
- Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP), torch paddle, and life jacket (PFD);
- Dry bag for valuables;
- LED safety light.
When: Fridays June to September
Duration: 2 hours
- Algonquin Bridge, Wards Island
- Take the Toronto Island ferry to Wards Island (not included). The Jack Layton Ferry terminal is located at the foot of Bay Street at Queens Quay.
- Turn right off the ferry and walk for 4 minutes to the Algonquin Bridge.
Need to know:
- No experience is necessary.
- All necessary equipment is provided.
- Paddleboard instructors will be on-hand to assist beginners and anyone new to night paddling.
- Minimum age for participation is 14 years.
- Participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult participant authorised to do so by the legal parent or guardian.
- Please bring a swim suit, long sleeves for on the water, warm dry clothes for afterwards, a towel and water.
- Please arrive changed and ready to go. There are public washroom facilities at the entrance to Wards Beach at the corner of Lakeshore Ave. and Fifth Street.
- Arrive early to the ferry docks to ensure that you get to the launch site on Wards Island on time.
Whether you are looking for unique, fun things to do in Toronto, a unique romantic date night or a truly unique gift for friends and family, the Toronto Islands Stand Up Paddleboarding Nighttime Adventure is the ticket!
This Toronto SUP experience takes place at Ward's Island, Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience