Toronto Islands Stand Up Paddleboarding Eco-Tour
Minimum age for participation - 14 years
Take a break from the city and paddle the Toronto Islands with an experienced guide. Along with discovering nature and hidden gems that only locals know about, you’ll learn about the islands’ history, ecology, paddling techniques and more on the 2-hour Toronto Islands Stand Up Paddleboarding Eco-Tour.
This guided eco tour is a ‘must do’ whether you are a resident or a visitor.
A 10-minute ferry ride across Toronto’s inner harbour brings you to the only island chain in Western Lake Ontario. The islands hold deep history dating back to the first native American people, and have a diverse collection of plants and wildlife. If you enjoy watching nature, the Toronto Islands are in the middle of 2 major migratory bird paths and host over 200 species of bird. If you're lucky, you may also see beavers, turtles, American Mink, and a large variety of fish on your SUP adventure. This SUP Eco-tour will take you through special areas denoted Areas of Natural and Scientific Interest and Environmentally Significant Areas for their important fauna and flora in the ecosystem.
No experience required.
This SUP tour is done in small groups to ensure that everyone has a good experience. No previous experience is necessary. Your guide will adjust the experience to the group and may include a lesson.
- Discover the Toronto Islands on a paddleboard.
- Learn about the history and biodiversisty of the islands.
- Guided SUP tour of the Toronto Islands;
- Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP), torch paddle, and life jacket (PFD);
- Dry bag for valuables;
- Small group tour
When: Sundays 10:00am - Noon May to September
Duration: 2 hours
- Algonquin Bridge, Wards Island
- Take the Toronto Island ferry to Wards Island (not included). The Jack Layton Ferry terminal is located at the foot of Bay Street at Queens.
- Turn right off the ferry and walk for 4 minutes to the Algonquin Bridge.
Need to know:
- No experience is necessary.
- All necessary equipment is provided.
- Paddleboard instructors will be on-hand to assist beginners and anyone new to paddling.
- Minimum age for participation is 14 years.
- Participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult participant authorised to do so by the legal parent or guardian.
- Please bring a swim suit, a towel, sunscreen, snacks and water.
- Please arrive changed and ready to go. There are public washroom facilities at the entrance to Wards Beach at the corner of Lakeshore Ave. and Fifth Street.
- Arrive early to the ferry docks to ensure that you get to the launch site on Wards Island on time.
Whether you are looking for unique, fun things to do in Toronto or a truly unique gift for friends and family, the Toronto Islands Stand Up Paddleboarding Eco-Tour is the ticket!
This Toronto SUP experience takes place at Ward's Island, Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience