Toronto Islands Canoe Paddle & Beach Dining Escapade
NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR SALE
Get ready to experience some of the most breathtaking views of the city as you set out across beautiful Lake Ontario to the magnificent Toronto Islands in a replica of a heritage freighter canoe. At sunset, you'll enjoy a gourmet dinner picnic focused on Canadiana cuisine.
Unwind on the water, in the heart of the city!
The Toronto Islands provides a refreshing escape from downtown, with beautiful views of the city skyline and Lake Ontario. After a short safety briefing and paddling lesson, you’ll board the heritage freighter canoe for a 20-minute paddle to the Toronto Islands. Following the same route used by the Hudson Bay Fur Traders hundreds of years ago, you will be truly mesmerized as the canoe skillfully glides past the ferries and sailboats while planes take off overhead from the Billy Bishop Airport.
As the canoe nears the Hanlans Point ferry docks, you can stop for a photo op of the city at sunset and then continue paddling through the bird sanctuary where, if you’re lucky, you will get to see some native Canadian wildlife.
Once docked, you will have a bit of free time to explore the island while Chef Scott prepares your gourmet feast with a focus on Canadiana cuisine. You will return to a table set with white linen and fresh flowers to enjoy a lakeside dinner. You’ll board the canoe for the trip back to the mainland to arrive back at approximately 10:00pm.
The tour includes all preselected food, and beverages.
- Led by a certified canoe guide and local culinary professional.
- Paddle a replica of a heritage freighter canoe - much like the fur traders would use.
- Enjoy breathtaking views of Canada's largest city at night.
- Roast marshmallows over an open fire.
- Get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Enjoy beautiful views of Lake Ontario and the city skyline.
- Get a taste of Canadiana with 10 plus dishes created by Chef Scott.
Duration: 3 1/2 hours approximately
- Stay tuned for 2019 season dates!
*This experience has limited space and only selected dates to choose from. Dates are subject to change.
- All pre-selected food & drink.
- Small-group tour with local food & drink expert guide.
- Taxes & gratuities (Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.)
Meeting location: On the lawn, next to the marine police station at Harbour Front Canoe and Kayak Centre.
Need to know:
- No canoe or paddling experience required.
- Vegetarian options available on request.
- Vegan & Gluten free options may be available for a small surcharge. Please inquire when you reserve your tour time.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
- Please bring sunglasses, sunscreen, light sweater or jacket.
- Tours run in all weather conditions, please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable footwear.
- Please note this is a non-alcoholic event.
Whether you are looking for a unique way to unwind in the city, or want to experience the islands, the Toronto Islands Canoe Paddle & Beach Dining Escapade is the perfect (and tasty) way to relax and watch the world go by.
The Toronto Islands Canoe Paddle & Beach Dining Escapade experience takes place at Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience