The Ossington Strip Toronto Food Tour
Discover the flavours of Toronto’s Ossington Strip. A huge hit with millennials, the strip offers something for everyone, from a craft brewery to tapas bars, cocktail lounges, live music venues, a butcher shop by day wine bar by night and of course an amazing food scene. By the end of the night you will have tried 12 dishes and a variety of beverages on this 4-hour food tour.
The Ossington Strip of today is much different from when it all started back in the late 1700's. Once home to Toronto's meat packing district, it has transformed itself into a vibrant restaurant scene and home to some of the cities most notable chefs.
Your jovial guide will meet you at the north-west corner of Queen St. West and Ossington. As you walk along the Ossington strip, your guide will tell you stories of another time when Ossington was a crime-filled, seedy, derelict neighbourhood. The tremendous changes over the last 10 years that have seen the area transform into one of the trendiest neighbourhoods in Toronto.
The Ossington Strip Food Tour will take you to 3 of the best restaurants along the trendy Ossington Strip. Each restaurant has been hand selected by the tour’s founder and chief eating officer, Chef Scott. During the evening, you will taste a total of 12 different dishes served family style and paired with wines, sake, and cocktails. Tasting's include sushi on "forbidden black rice", truffle gnocchi, Spanish "poutine", spicy lamb, and seasonal dishes. If you're a cocktail lover be sure to order the cedar smoked bacon infused old fashion…it is epic!
The Toronto food tour includes all preselected food, beverages and restaurant taxes & gratuities.
- Led by a local culinary professional.
- VIP Treatment.
- Enjoy 12 dishes at 3 of the best restaurants on the strip.
- See where world-famous boxer Muhammad Ali's trained.
- Tour the former meat packing district.
- See where James Earl Ray hid out after the assassination of Martin Luther King.
- Taste sushi on "Forbidden Black Rice".
- Discover unfiltered cold sake.
- Enjoy Spanish tapas.
- Sip artisanal craft cocktails.
- All preselected food & drink.
- Small-group walking tour with local guide.
- Restaurant tax & gratuities (Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion).
Duration: 4 hours approximatley
When: Sundays at 6:00pm*
*(Not available April 01, May 13 & June 17, 2018)
Meeting location: Outside of Starbucks on the south west corner of Queen St. & Ossington Ave.
Need to know:
- Vegetarian options available on request.
- Vegan & Gluten free options may be available for a small surcharge. Please inquire when you reserve your tour time.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable footwear.
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government issued photo ID.
Whether you are a local or this is your first time in the city, the Ossington Strip Toronto Food Tour should be added to your list of tasty, fun things to do in Toronto!
This food tour takes place at Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience