Discover the best kept culinary secrets of the Kensington Market. This Sweet & Savoury Food Tour will take you around the world in one lunch as you adventure through the multi-cultural enclave of Kensington Market, including a stop in Chinatown.
Discover Toronto’s hidden gastronomic delights.
On the Sweet & Savoury Kensington Market Food Tour you’ll get to enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes of this colourful neighbourhood as you chow down on sweet and savoury delights hailing from Chinese and Latin American kitchens, among others! Come with an appetite, as you'll have enough samples for lunch.
On this tasty Toronto walking tour, your expert guide will take you on a walk through one of the best neighbourhoods in Toronto for culinary adventures. You'll be introduced to various eateries, feasting on a variety of edible delights while learning tidbits of Toronto and food history. Included is a dish custom designed for the tour!
Kensington Market was designated a National Historic Site of Canada in 2006, and is widely considered to be one of the most photographed spots in Toronto, for good reason. Kensington Market is a colourful neighbourhood made up of small eateries, boutiques, produce shops and other local stores lining pedestrian-friendly narrow streets, with many buildings decorated with eminently photogenic graffiti. Kensington Market has managed to retain its immigrant, working-class culture in the face of rampant gentrification. As you stroll down the streets of Kensington, you will notice that unlike most other neighbourhoods in Toronto, there is a surprising lack of large corporations in the neighbourhood. That's because Kensington Market residents fight to keep the big box stores out, allowing small, locally-owned businesses to continue flourishing in this area. This is why the neighbourhood has such special character and soul.
Each tour now includes a Toffle™ to bring home, a new invention from this tour provider. A reflection of the flavours of Toronto and Canada, the Toffle™ is a decadent cross between a maple butter tart and a chocolate truffle. It features a triple layer of crumbly crust, silky chocolate ganache and gooey maple butter tart filling, all covered in chocolate.
When: April thru December Sunday 11:30am – 2pm (2.5 hours approx.)
Walking difficulty: Easy, 2 – 5 minute walk between stops. The end point is a 7 minute walk from the starting point.
Meeting place: The exact location will be provided when you make your reservation.
Maximum group size: 10 people
Need to know:
- This tour is a food tour and not a historical tour.
- It might be a little crowded in some of the smaller stores and on afternoon tours.
- Tours run in all weather conditions short of extreme inclemency. Please check the weather forcast before hand and come prepared.
- Bring an appetite and some extra cash if you'd like to buy more yummies.
- The tour is almost entirely vegetarian and can be partially vegan and gluten-free. Nut-free samples are available at all locations but may contain trace amounts of nuts. Other restrictions may be accommodated on a case by case basis. Please mention any dietary restrictions when booking a tour.
- Tours are subject to change at provider's discretion.
- If you enjoy the tour, please tip your tour guide to thank them for their hard work!
- Kids under 7 can go for free.
This Toronto food tour is the perfect day out for a Toronto foodie. It makes a great experience gift for those who want to explore one of Toronto's most vibrant areas, while testing the finest culinary offerings and best kept foodie secrets.
The Sweet & Savoury Kensington Market Food Tour experience takes place in Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience