Sorry - this product is no longer available
Sunset Guided Trail Ride and Dinner
NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR SALE
Saddle up for a stunning sunset trail ride experience as you take a guided horseback ride through beautiful Ottawa Valley scenery and enjoy dinner afterwards. This unique guided Ottawa horseback riding adventure is ideal for couples, families and groups.
Saddle up for a sunset trail ride and dinner!
Your sunset guided trail ride and dinner experience begins with introductions to your horse and some basic ground work involving grooming the horse, tacking up (cowboy speak for putting on the saddle) and allowing the horse to get to know you.
Next up, your trail guide will help you in mounting up and you’ll go through a lesson and safety instruction in the outside riding ring. This allows you time to adjust to being in the saddle while also learning some of the basics of horseback riding such as turning, holding the reins, going up & down hills, and stopping.
Once everyone is comfortable, the group heads out on the trail through fantastic Ottawa Valley scenery. It won’t be long into the horse ride before you’ll feel the same reverence for the lands shared by generations of loggers, farmers, and pioneers who built the Ottawa Valley. You may hear a tale about the days of the log boom on the Ottawa River (and you may even see the ghost of Big Joe Mufferaw!).
After your sunset ride, you can enjoy a tasty dinner at Rafters Restaurant. Also, included with this experience is a day pass at Wilderness Tours. Come early and enjoy beach access, swimming pool and hot tubs).
The price is per person with a minimum of 2 people required per tour.
- Introduction to your horse and saddling up.
- Horseback riding lesson and obstacle course fun in the riding ring.
- Guided trail ride.
- Dismount and cool down with your horse.
- Buffet dinner at Rafters Restaurant.
- Safety helmet (flak jackets optional) and all required tack.
- Day pass at Wilderness Tours.
Season: May 18, 2017 - October 08, 2017
Duration: 3-hours approximately plus time to use the day pass at Wilderness Tours.
Need to know:
- All horses are assigned by the trail guide. Customers do not get to pick their horse.
- Helmets are mandatory for all riders and we provide them at no additional charge. Our total focus in on your safety and the horses safety at all times.
- Saddle Options: English and Western
- Gluten free and dairy free options available upon request.
- What To Wear: All riders MUST provide their own proper riding attire including footwear with a closed toe/heel, and full length jeans or pants, t-shirt or western shirt. NO flip flops, sandals or running shoes are permitted. NO shorts, bikini tops or swimming trunks are permitted.
- Minimum Age: Children must be 6 years and older and must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Weather Policy: The experience provider reserves the right to cancel or postpone any horse rides as a result of weather making conditions unsafe for both horses and riders. This would include (but not limited to), thunder & lightening or major rain storms, extremely wet trail conditions, exceptional heat conditions/hot days.
The Sunset Guided Trail Ride and Dinner is the perfect way to relax, get plenty of fresh air and savor the wondrous Ottawa Valley country side at sunset. The perfect birthday or Christmas gift idea for the city slicker in your life!
This horseback riding experience takes place in Foresters Falls, an hour and a half west of Ottawa.
How To Book Your Experience
Breakaway Experiences Blog: Interview with Horse Country Campground