This experience is no longer available. If you have a certificate for this experience, please contact Breakaway Experiences - see Contact Us page.
Make it a special day with your special someone.
Enjoy a trail ride at the beautiful at Amani Acres surrounded by spectacular scenery. You’ll start with 45 minutes of guided horseback riding that will take you through beautiful trails, then enjoy a gourmet picnic for 2 in a beautiful, private setting. Your guide will thoroughly enjoy showing you around this tranquil, picturesque environment.
Amani Acres is a quaint farm, located in the beautiful countryside of Brant County. It is home to a close knit family including a menagerie of horses, pygmy goats, dogs, cats, ducks and a very cute llama. It is fair to say that the farmstead radiates a gentle spirit that allows everyone to feel grounded and relaxed.
This is an experience for 2 people.
Sample Picnic menu*:
Starter (choice of one of the following):
- Lettuce with fresh veggies and dressing
- Field Greens with Fruit honey roasted soy beans, raspberry poppy seed dressing
- Red Skin Potato Salad
- Three Bean,Chickpea Spinach and Red Pepper Salad
- Cheese & Fruit, Crackers with Veggies and Dip
Main (choice of one of the following
- Chicken Wrap - Fresh Grilled Chicken, Roasted Peppers, Grilled Zucchini, Tomato, Cheese, Greens, Drizzled with a Sweet Onion Sauce
- Vegetarian Wrap – Shredded Carrot, Red Pepper, Mushrooms, Cucumber, Tomato, Cheese, Greens, Drizzled with a Sweet Onion Sauce
- Sliced Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich with Brie and Lingonberry Sauce
- Smoked Shaved Roast Beef Sandwich with Tomato, Crispy Onions, Dijon Horseradish
- Vegetarian, Grilled Veggies, Peppers, Zucchini, Portabella Mushrooms in a Greek Marinade with Shaved Asiago and Greens
*Menu subject to change
Duration: 3 hours (Horseback ride = 45 minutes)
Need to Know
- Advanced reservations required, subject to availability.
- Available between April and October.
- Waiver of Liability must be signed before participation.
- Menu can be adapted to accommodate food allergies.
- Don’t forget to bring: a camera, bug spray and sunscreen.
- Maximum weight: 230 lbs
- Spectators allowed: no
- What to wear:
- From time to time we may need to reschedule booked dates due to reasons outside of our control.
- Prepare for rain or shine. This is an outdoor event.
- Shoes/boots with a 1/4 inch heel, not excessively wide (i.e. hiking boots, rubber boots)
- Helmet (bicycle helmet or ski helmet if you do not have a riding helmet)
- Long pants
- Must present certificate upon arrival.
- Breakaway Experiences shall not be responsible for accident, loss, misfortune or damage of any kind (to property or person) relating to any of the above services.
So whether you are looking for a romantic gift or fun things to do in the Brantford - Hamilton region, this Romantic Horseback Ride and Picnic is the perfect way to reconnect with that someone special!
This experience takes place at Brantford, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience