Discover the wilderness and adventure of the Rocky Mountains with a Backcountry Heli-Hiking experience. For those who are looking for an adventurous experience, this heli-hiking exploration in the Columbia Icefields is like nothing you have ever experienced.
Enjoy a helicopter tour that is full of natural beauty, glaciers and waterfalls. Deep in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, you’ll lift off to an incredible view of Abraham Lake, soar at an exciting 100mph, 9000 ft (2900m) over Cline Pass and fly by the Cline, Lion & Lioness glaciers. This helicopter tour is filled with many amazing sights you have to see from above!
You will be flown from the helicopter base to a backcountry setting in the heart of the Rockies. You’ll land in the middle of the wild backcountry that would normally take an 8-hour hike to get to.
You’ll get to hike for 1 hour through the untouched, raw beauty of the Rockies and experience the mountains far from any other tourists or distractions. You’ll find yourself alone with mother-nature, on an adventure that is both exhilarating and challenging. Your guide will navigate you through the trail. You’ll experience views of forests, mountains and glaciers that you don’t see on your average day hike.
Need to know:
- Suitable for all ages
- Minimum of 2 passengers per booking is required.
- Maximum capacity per flight is 4 passengers.
- Maximum weight is 250 pounds per passenger.
- The closest emergency facility is an hour from our heliport. If you are on medication or inhalers, please make sure you bring extra medication in case of delays. If you have severe allergies, please make sure you have an epi pen and that members of your party know how to use it.
- Flights may be cancelled due to weather conditions at the venue’s discretion.
Rocky Mountains Backcountry Heli-Hiking tour's Icefields Adventure Base is located near the Columbia Icefields (25 minutes east of the Icefields Parkway).
If you are driving from Lake Louise, the heliport is approximately 1.5 hours North.If you are driving from Jasper, the heliport is approximately 2.5 hours South. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience