Enjoy 4-hour a unique and delicious guided epicurean excursion through Toronto’s Riverside and Leslieville community, one of Toronto’s hippest new neighbourhoods.
Taste your way through Riverside & Leslieville
What began as a small town back in the 1850's has now become a food lover's paradise full of great restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries and specialty food stores. The area has transformed from its rough and tumble beginnings to a booming community of young families embracing an urban lifestyle only 10 minutes from downtown.
As you stroll and taste your way along historic Queen Street East you will experience the small town feel that is still there today. This has become one of the hottest neighborhoods in the city. Your guide will give you a brief history lesson of Toronto and the area as you head out to 7 stops.
Tastings include the best bread in the city, buttery shortbread, Northern Italian wild boar meat balls, Asian fusion, a visit to an on-sight craft brewery, the cities best homemade ice cream and a taste of an iconic Toronto culinary invention recently proclaimed "Toronto's Signature Dish" by Mayor John Tory.
Enjoy the city's best bread at an artisanal bakery that is also a social enterprise run by a local mission. Taste Wild boar meatballs, authentic Mediterranean food, learn about sustainable fish and seafood while tasting delicious local Ontario smoked trout. Savour Toronto's signature dish the Peameal Bacon Sandwich and learn the story behind its creation. Last but not least, you’ll finish with the best homemade ice cream in the city.
This Toronto food tour includes all preselected food, beverages and restaurant taxes & gratuities.
- Led by a local culinary professional
- Visit one of Toronto's most up and coming neighborhoods
- Enjoy 9 dishes at 7 different eateries
- Taste Toronto's signature dish "The Peameal Bacon Sandwich”
- Enjoy cocktails, local craft beer and Ontario wines
- Discover the city's latest food trends
- Satisfy your sweet tooth
- Discover the best homemade ice cream in the city
- All preselected food & drink
- Small-group walking tour with local guide
- Restaurant tax & gratuities (Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion)
Duration: 4 hours approximatley
When: Saturdays at 11:00am
Meeting location: 765 Queen St. East - In front of the historic Ralph Thornton Centre, on the corner of Queen Street East and Sautler Street
Need to know:
- Vegetarian options available on request.
- Vegan & Gluten free options may be available for a small surcharge. Please inquire when you reserve your tour time.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable footwear.
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government issued photo ID.
Whether you are looking for a unique gift or tasty places to visit in Toronto, this Riverside and Leslieville Food Tour is the ticket!
This tour takes place at Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience