Prince Edward County Wine Tour from Toronto
Minimum age for participation - 19 years
Enjoy a full day of sightseeing and wine tasting in beautiful Prince Edward County. Discover the wines of Prince Edward Country with visits to artisan wineries and tastings of 12 local Ontario wines.
Eat + Drink + Explore Canada’s fastest growing wine region.
Located on the shores of Lake Ontario, Prince Edward Country is home to over 40 wineries, local food producers, artisans and fabulous restaurants. Prince Edward County is still a relatively young wine region and since the winemakers have an adventurous spirit, there are lots of wineries doing innovative things with Cabernet Franc, Riesling, Gamay, Baco Noir, Pinot Gris, Merlot and many more…experience the bounty of the county, its magnificent views and small town country feel.
Your tour begins with meeting your guide in front of the main gates into the Distillery District. After a quick stop for coffer or tea, you’ll board the coach for the drive to Prince Edward Country. Along the way, listen to stories from your guide while enjoying a complimentary grab and go breakfast.
Once the tour arrives in the county, you’ll visit 4 Prince Edward County wineries where you can taste 12 wines. There will be a country style lunch in the vineyard and you will have a chance to interact with the winemaker. If time permits there may be an unscheduled stop at an alpaca farm, a lavender farm, or a roadside vegetable stand. The tour leaves the county for the journey home just before dusk. A light dinner of cheese, charcuterie and fresh county vegetables will be served on board. Coolers are provided for any refrigerated products you may have purchased and there is plenty of room aboard for your wine purchases.
The tour includes all preselected food, beverages, and restaurant gratuities.
- Tour the fastest growing wine region in Canada.
- Visit 4 artisan wineries and taste 12 local Ontario wines.
- Led by a local culinary professional.
- Step back in time with a brief history lesson of the County and the famous "Barley Days".
- Enjoy a country style lunch overlooking the vineyard.
- Go behind the scenes at a winery, interact with the winemaker and walk amongst the vines.
- Discover some of the latest Ontario wine trends.
- Visit a winemaker turned cheesemaker and sample his wares.
- Full day tour with Transportation to & from Toronto
- 12 wine tastings
- Morning Coffee and Grab & Go Breakfast
- Lunch overlooking the vineyard
- Light dinner on return trip
- Complimentary beverages on board
- Small-group tour with local food & drink expert guide
- Winery taxes & gratuities (Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.)
Meeting location: 55 Mill Street, in front of the mains gates to the Distillery District, near the gatekeepers’ office.
Saturday, March 24, 2018
Saturday, April 28, 2018
Saturday, May 26, 2018
Saturday, June 30, 2018
Saturday, July 28, 2018
Saturday, August 25, 2018
Saturday, September 29, 2018
Saturday, October 27, 2018
Saturday, November 24, 2018
Saturday, December 15, 2018
*This experience has limited space and only selected dates to choose from. Dates are subject to change
Need to know:
- Vegetarian options available on request.
- Vegan & Gluten free options may be available for a small surcharge. Please inquire when you reserve your tour time.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
- Proof of age may be required. Please bring government issued photo ID.
- The tour provider reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who has accidentally had one too many. No refunds will be issued.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable footwear.
The Prince Edward County Wine Tour from Toronto is the perfect way to explore Prince Edward Country wineries and makes a great unique gift!
How To Book Your Experience