Power Rafting Trip on the Thompson River
Lytton, British Columbia
Experience the thrill of rafting down through the biggest waves and rapids on the Thompson River in Lytton, BC, on a motorized raft. This white water power rafting trip includes 4 hours of rafting, covering 36 km (22.4 mi) of the best part of the Thompson, all necessary rafting gear, and a riverside snack.
Prepare to get wild and more than a little wet!
Blast through the biggest waves and rapids on the Thompson River. Power rafting involves large inflatable rafts controlled by your guide and an outboard motor. These rafts range from 22-28 feet in length, providing stability while riding the biggest waves on the Thompson River.The guide powers you through the rapids providing the necessary speed for an exhilarating and wet ride. On some rapids you are able to power back up river and challenge the rapids again.
B.C.'s third largest river, the Thompson River, is situated in one of the warmest climates in Canada. The visually spectacular Black Canyon and the large, powerful rapids are features that only a river of this volume can yield.
You’ll meet at the Lytton base to start your white water power rafting trip and travel along 36 kilometers of the Thompson River. Highlighted by the lower canyon with 27 exciting rapids, including the Jaw's of Death, the Witch's Cauldron and Cutting Board, the Thompson River is sure to awaken all your senses.
A day power rafting down the Thompson will likely be a highlight of your summer!
Season: Daily July and August
- 4 hours of rafting along 36 kilometers of the best part of the Thompson River.
- Professional white water rafting guide.
- Gourmet riverside lunch.
- All necessary white water rafting gear including life jackets, helmets and wet suits.
Duration: 4 hours
Need to Know:
- All the rafting equipment you’ll need is provided. Waterproof bags are available for cameras and extra clothing.
- Raft holds 4 - 20 per boat.
- All motorized rafts are powered by new 4-stroke motors, which are smoke-free and super quiet.
- Children must be 8 years old and weigh a minimum of 65 lbs.
- This tour operates in ALL weather conditions.
- Proper dress and a spirit of adventure will ensure an enjoyable expedition under any condition.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions and pregnant women that have not been approved by a physician.
So, if you are looking for a perfect gift for the adventure seeker in your life, or you’re just wanting to spend an exciting day connecting to nature, this Power Rafting Trip on the Thompson River is sure to provide memories that will last a lifetime.
This white water rafting experience takes place at Lytton, British Columbia. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience