Oyster Shucking Class, Toronto
Perfect your shucking skills and discover how to pair oysters with spirits, champagne, white wine, craft beer, and cocktails. During the oyster shucking class you’ll learn how to select, store, shuck, prepare, eat and cook oysters from both the East and West Coast.
Like a fine wine, raw oysters have complex flavours that vary greatly among varieties and regions: salty, briny, metallic, buttery, or even fruity. You will be given 18 oysters each to perfect your shucking skills and you’ll discover how oysters pair with a wide variety of drinks as the afternoon progresses.
As you attempt to shuck your first oyster it won’t be that pretty so it will be used in a classic oyster shooter - the perfect way to start any class! Next, you will learn all about oysters, how they are bred, cultivated, harvested shipped and stored. You will be given a dozen and a half oysters representing both East Coast and West Coast varieties. As you are shuckin', of course, you get to eat your homework which will be paired with champagne, Ontario wine, craft beer and a Canadian classic cocktail - a Bloody Caesar. You’ll also taste homemade mignonette, fried oysters, cocktail sauce, and the classic Oyster Rockefeller. You will get tasting and shuckin' notes, recipes and your own oyster shuckin' knife to take home.
Oyster Shuckin' Class highlights:
- Learn the history of oyster cultivation, oyster shucking and oyster bars.
- Led by a local culinary professional.
- Taste East Coast and West Coast oysters.
- Learn to pair oysters with champagne, craft beer, Ontario wine and cocktails.
- Immerse yourself in local culture.
- Discover "merroir".
- Receive your own oyster shucking knife to take home.
- All pre-selected food & drink.
- Small-group with local food & drink expert guide.
Duration: 3 hours approximatley
- Sunday, June 23, 2019
- Sunday, July 21, 2019
- Sunday, August 18, 2019
- Sunday, September 15, 2019
- Sunday, October 27, 2019
- Sunday, November 24, 2019
*This experience has limited space and only selected dates to choose from. Dates are subject to change.
Meeting location: The Peasant Table, 782 Queen Street East, Toronto
Need to know:
- Gluten free options may be available for a small surcharge. Please inquire when you reserve your tour time.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government issued photo ID.
So whether this is your first time shuckin' oysters or you’re a seasoned pro, this Toronto Oyster Shucking Class is sure to boost your culinary confidence – making this a truly delicious gift.
The Oyster Shucking Class takes place at Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience