Sorry - this product is no longer available
Ottawa Valley Raft and Ride Adventure
Minimum age for participation - 13 years
Seeking out a cool outdoor adventure getaway? It does not get any better than a couple of days away from the daily grind, white water rafting on the mighty Ottawa River and horseback riding in the scenic Ottawa Valley complete with resort fun and an overnight cabin stay.
Raft one day, ride the next.
Make the most of your time off and enjoy two fantastic experiences in one unique area - combine a horseback riding experience with a day of exciting white water rafting on the Ottawa River!
Get ready for the exhilarating white knuckle, white water rafting ride that is the Ottawa River. You’ll discover the amazing twists and turns this river has to offer on a world class rafting trip. Each trip is about four to six hours in length with a hearty BBQ. Enjoy a complete rafting experience with time for body surfing (swimming rapids), cliff jumping, swimming off your raft or a sandy beach.
Your 2-hour horseback riding experience begins with learning the basics of riding and ends with a scenic trail ride along the Ottawa River. During the lesson, the basics of walking, turning and stopping along with philosophies around horsemanship, safety and trail riding techniques are covered. You will experience how to go up and down hills and across water and bridges, navigate through logs and safely mount and dismount, under the watchful eye of your instructor. Then, you’re off on a 70-minute guided trail ride at a gentle pace featuring picturesque landscapes and spectacular views of the Ottawa River.
During your stay, enjoy a video replay of your river trip and make use of the resort facilities – private sandy beach, volleyball, horseshoes, half-court basketball, sauna, hot tubs and extensive woodland trails--all included.
The price is per person with a minimum of 2 people required per tour.
- Classic White Water Rafting Day Trip
- 2-hour horseback riding lesson and trail ride
- 1 night’s accommodation – Deluxe cedar cabin (1 open room with 2 double beds, a day bed couch, a trundle bed, a bright 2-piece bathroom, all bedding and towels as well as a sun deck, lockable door, electric lighting, self-service coffee/tea and skylight. (Based on 2 sharing).
- One buffet dinner and one buffet breakfast at Rafters Restaurant
- Resort day pass
Season: May - September
Need to know:
- No previous experience is necessary.
- Participants must weigh at least 90 lbs (40 kgs). and be at least 13 years of age.
- While horses are matched to body type, suggested weight limit is 250 pounds and under.
- Weather Policy: The experience provider reserves the right to cancel or postpone any horse rides and rafting trips as a result of weather making conditions unsafe for both horses and riders/rafters. This would include (but not limited to), thunder & lightening, major rain storms, extremely wet trail conditions, and exceptional heat conditions.
- Participants under 18 years of age will require the signature of a parent or guardian.
- Participants must be in reasonable health and not suffering from back, neck or breathing problems.
- Pregnant women will not be allowed to participate in this experience.
- Participants will be required to sign a liability release and waiver form.
- White Water Rafting:
- Wetsuits are available at an additional charge.
- Wear footwear that does not easily slip off, such as aqua shoes, strap-on sport sandals or running shoes with rubber soles. No flip flops or crocs.
- Wear swimwear or nylon shorts (something that dries quickly and does not hold water).
- If you must wear eye or sun glasses, use strap retainers.
- Make sure your camera is waterproof or has a waterproof case.
- There will be a maximum of twelve people on your raft, including you and your captain.
- Horseback riding:
- All horses are assigned by the trail guide. Customers do NOT get to pick their horse.
- Helmets are mandatory for all riders and we provide them at no additional charge. The total focus is on your safety and the horses’ safety at all times.
- Saddle Options: English and Western
- What To Wear: All riders MUST provide their own proper riding attire including footwear with a closed toe/heel, and full length jeans or pants, t-shirt or western shirt. NO flip flops, sandals or running shoes are permitted. NO shorts, bikini tops or swimming trunks are permitted.
If you are looking for something to do with your family or friends that’s fun, outdoors and exhilarating this Raft & Ride exxperience is it!
This horseback riding and white water rafting adfventure in the Ottawa Valley experience takes place in Foresters Falls, an hour west of Ottawa. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience
Breakaway Experiences Blog: Interview with Horse Country Campground