Ottawa Valley Horse Trail Ride with Picnic Lunch
NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR SALE
Saddle up for the best horseback riding experience in the Ottawa Valley. This experience combines a lesson and guided horseback ride, along with a fun picnic lunch out on the trail. This ride is ideal for families and friends looking for a relaxing horseback ride along the Ottawa River.
Enjoy the beautiful Ottawa Valley scenery and a tasty picnic out on the trail, along the Ottawa River.
Your experience begins with introductions to your horse and some basic ground work involving grooming the horse, tacking up (cowboy speak for putting on the saddle) and allowing the horse to get to know you.
Next up, your trail guide will help you in mounting up and you’ll go through a lesson and safety instruction in the outside riding ring. This allows you time to adjust to being in the saddle while also learning some of the basics of horseback riding such as turning, holding the reins, going up & down hills, and stopping.
Once everyone is comfortable, the group heads out on the trail through fantastic Ottawa Valley scenery. It won’t be long into the horse ride before you’ll feel the same reverence for the lands shared by generations of loggers, farmers, and pioneers who built the Ottawa Valley.
Along the way, you’ll stop at a scenic picnic spot and enjoy some great food. After lunch, you’ll head back, enjoy a cool down with the horses and give them some treats.
Also included with this experience is a resor day pass at Wilderness Tours. You can enjoy the beach, swimming pool and hot tubs.
The price is per person with a minimum of 2 people required per tour.
Season: May 18, 2017 - October 08, 2017
- Introduction to your horse and saddling up.
- Horseback riding lesson and obstacle course fun in the riding ring.
- Guided trail ride.
- Picnic lunch.
- Safety helmet and all required tack.
- Day pass at Wilderness Tours.
Duration: 2.5-hours approximately plus time using day pass at Wilderness Tours.
Need to know:
- Minimum age: 6 years
- Horse Assignment: All horses are assigned by the trail guide. Customers do not get to pick their horse.
- Helmets are mandatory for all riders and we provide them at no additional charge. Our total focus in on your safety and the horses safety at all times.
- Saddle Options: English and Western.
- What To Wear: All riders MUST provide their own proper riding attire including footwear with a closed toe/heel, and full length jeans or pants, t-shirt or western shirt. NO flip flops, sandals or running shoes are permitted. NO shorts, bikini tops or swimming trunks are permitted.
- Weather Policy: The experience provider reserves the right to cancel or postpone any horse rides as a result of weather making conditions unsafe for both horses and riders. This would include (but not limited to), thunder & lightening or major rain storms, extremely wet trail conditions, exceptional heat conditions/hot days.
The 'Ottawa Valley Horse Trail Ride with Picnic Lunch' is the perfect way to relax, get plenty of fresh air and savor the wondrous Ottawa Valley country side.
This horseback riding experience takes place at Foresters Falls, an hour and a half west of Ottawa.
How To Book Your Experience
Breakaway Experiences Blog: Interview with Horse Country Campground