Discover the mouth-watering world of craft beer on a guided Ottawa Brewery Walking Tour. Choose either the Bytown Brewers Walking Tour with a brief but in depth history of Ottawa's craft brewing scene with exclusive behind the scenes tours of 2 Ottawa breweries or the Hintonburg Hop with a captivating behind the scenes tour of 2 Hintonburg breweries.
Enjoy the taste of craft beers on a tour of Ottawa breweries.
The Ottawa craft beer movement is continually expanding and beer lovers are being converted to craft daily. Brew Donkey provides a safe, fun and inexpensive way to tour Ottawa area breweries and taste many of their award winning beers.
Bytown Brewers Tour:
On The Bytown Brewers walking tour you will be guided through a brief but in depth history of Ottawa's craft brewing scene. You will gain access to exclusive behind the scenes tours of 2 Ottawa breweries. Your tour takes you from Sparks St where craft beer destinations are taking up residence to the edge of LeBreton Flats where an old brewery lays buried and a new one has sprung up. Your guide will entertain you with stories of Ottawa's beer loving past and present on this 4 hr walking tour.
1st Stop - Clocktower Brew Pub
2nd Stop - Waller St. Brewing
3rd Stop - Lowertown Brewery
The tour includes up to 30 minutes of walking. Most of the route is over level ground but some inclines are present.
When: Thursdays 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Duration: 4 hours
Meeting location: Sparks St. and Elgin Street (next to the Bear Statue). 3:45pm (group leaves at 4:00pm sharp)
Hintonburg Hop Tour:
This tour features behind the scenes walking tour through Hintonburg visiting breweries, potential new brewery locations and amazing beer bars!
1st Stop - Tooth and Nail Brewing
2nd Stop - Beyond the Pale
3rd Stop - The Wellington Gastropub - Exclusive tasting of 4 of the Beau's Greener Futures barrel aged beers ($18 value).
When: Wednesday 5:30pm – 9:30pm
Duration: 4 hours
Meeting location: 987 Wellington St West – inside Markerhouse Co. 5:15pm (group leaves at 5:30pm sharp)
All tour guests will be required to complete a waiver.
- Bytown Brewery Tour: sampling fees, all tour fees and a beer and a light snack at one stop
- Hintonburg Hop: an education session on craft beer, all tour fees, and sampling at all stops
- The tours always feature bottles of water and free appetizers/snacks to ensure a healthy tour!
- A tasting notes sheet to track the beers you've had
- Gratuities for your guide and driver are not included but are greatly appreciated and may be offered at the end of the event.
- Specific stops on the tour are subject to change
- You must be at least 19 years old to join this tour. Photo ID must be supplied to your guide at the beginning of the tour
- Minimum people required for each tour: 10
The Ottawa Brewery Walking Tour makes the perfect gift for every level of beer connoisseur. If you are looking for the perfect gift idea for their birthday, Father’s Day, an anniversary or maybe a wedding gift then you can’t go wrong here.
The Ottawa Brewery Walking Tour takes place in Hintonburg and centre town, Ottawa, Ontario.
How To Book Your Experience
Breakaway Experiences Blog: Learn more about Brew Donkey and their tours of Ottawa breweries