Olympic Village Food Tour
Vancouver, British Columbia
The Olympic Village is one of the newest and most modern neighbourhoods in Vancouver filled with exciting craft breweries, restaurants, unique architecture, and modern art installations. Delight your taste buds as you sip and sample your way along a 2.5-hour guided walking tour visiting local foodie shops and taking in the beautiful waterfront scenery that makes Vancouver one of the best cities in the world.
First developed for the 2010 Olympic Winter Games, this former industrial complex has been recently transformed into the greenest community in the world!
Your guided tour starts at the Railtown Café, a modern restaurant serving up local and seasonal dishes. Here you’ll sample a delicious salad. Don’t be dismayed, their salads have won awards! The tour then heads to tiny but amazing Fife Bakery to sample various breads. Felix makes his addictive savoury bread using local ingredients like flour from Creston, milk from Abbotsford, and eggs from Langley. Here you’ll also sample some locally roasted coffee from Moving Coffee (because you can’t come to Vancouver and not have gourmet coffee).
Next, you’ll stroll among the glass towers to reach hidden gem Oddity Kombucha. Here you’ll sample two flavours of Kombuchas (fermented tea) and a small bite to eat of savoury toasts. Next, the tour heads to Craft Beer Market where we will try two local craft beers from award winning breweries and a gourmet fish taco. Located in a gorgeous heritage building and once home to the Vancouver Salt Co, Craft Beer Market has over 144 beers on tap! The tour wraps up with some gelato from Mario’s Gelati, one of the oldest gelato makers in Canada.
- Samples include local produce, handmade bread, locally roasted coffee, craft beer, kombucha, gelato, Baja fish tacos, and more.
- Learn more about the history of industrial False Creek and the recent change to become one of the world’s greenest neighbourhoods.
- Sights include False Creek Seawall, Olympic Village art installations, the historic Salt Building and North America’s largest urban orchard.
- 10+ samples of local cuisine from 5 culinary stops.
- Small group walking tour with expert local guide.
When: May - October: Monday thru Saturday 10:30am - 1:00pm
November - April: Thursday thru Saturday 10:30am - 1:00pm
Duration: 2.5 hours
Meeting place: Main Street-Science World Skytrain Station (Terminal Avenue)
Need to Know:
- There is an alcohol sample on this tour. Proof of age may be required, please bring government issued photo ID.
- Tour operates regardless of weather.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time. Most allergies can be accommodated on this tour however gluten or severe peanut allergies can not be accommodated.
- A vegetarian option is available and must be requested when your reserve your tour time.
- Capacity: maximum 12 guests. Guests will be notified 24 hours in advance if the minimum is not met.
- Walking Distance is approximately 1 km.
Whether you are looking for fun things to do in Vancouver or the perfect gift, the Olympic Village Food Tour is a delicious experience that is sure to satisfy any appetite!
The Olympic Village Food Tour takes place at Vancouver British Columbia.VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience