Taste some of the more traditional Canadian dishes and learn the stories behind them.
Sip and savour local cuisine, explore the iconic Inner Harbour, and meet the owners and chefs that make Victoria such an exciting culinary hot spot. This 3-hour guided walking food tour starts at Victoria’s Fisherman’s wharf and ends on Government Street. You’ll visit 7 local stops and enjoy over 10 samples of food & drink that have a Canadian twist! Poutine, candied salmon, a maple syrup tasting, Nanaimo bars, a Ceasar cocktail and a beavertail are just a few of the dishes sampled on this truly Canadian culinary adventure.
On this tour, along with learning about what makes Canadian food unique, you’ll hear stories about the history of Victoria, see beautiful nature and architecture in the downtown core, and meet the new locals and business owners that make Canada thrive today! Sights include Huntington Manor, Parliament building, The Empress hotel, Government Street and the iconic Inner Harbour.
- Sample all-Canadian dishes including a unique maple syrup tasting!
- Guided tour of Fisherman's Wharf, Government House, and the Inner Harbour.
- Learn about the history of Victoria and hear stories about what makes Canadian cuisine special.
- 10+ samples of food & beverages from 7 culinary stops including a cocktail.
- Small group walking tour with expert local guide.
When: May thru September
Monday – Saturday 2pm
Duration: 3 hours
Meeting place: Finest At Sea, 27 Erie St.,Victoria
Need to Know:
- A non-alcohol beverage is provided for youth and for non-drinkers.
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government issued photo ID.
- Tour operates regardless of weather.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time. Most allergies can be accommodated on this tour however shellfish allergy can not be accommodated.
- A vegetarian option is available and must be requested when your reserve your tour time.
- Capacity: maximum 12 guests, minimum 2. Guests will be notified 24 hours in advance if the minimum is not met.
- Walking Distance: approximately 1.7 km.
Whether you are looking for fun things to do in Victoria or the perfect gift, the Oh So Canadian Food Tour is a delicious experience that is sure to satisfy any appetite!
The Oh So Canadian Food Tour takes place at Victoria, British Columbia.VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience