Niagara Winery Tour by Segway
St. Catharines, Ontario
Experience Henry of Pelham Family Estate Winery in a unique way onboard a Segway! Glide along on and get a behind the scenes look at some magnificent areas of the estate during this Niagara winery tour that is unlike any other!
A unique Niagara wine tour!
Henry of Pelham Family Estate Winery is a premium estate winery located on the Short Hills Bench at the base of the Niagara Escarpment (a United Nations biosphere) in St. Catharines, Ontario.
You will have so much fun on this Segway adventure of the Henry of Pelham Family Estate Winery. Beginning with a brief safety introduction on a Segway, your guide will assist you in getting acquainted with this modern device.
This unique Niagara wine tour starts in the vineyards with the beautiful vistas of the Niagara Escarpment. You’ll spend 50 minutes riding Segways throughout the gently rolling vineyards. You’ll experience the wetland project, where the ponds have been equipped with natural bio-filters, and a visit to the weather station passing some of the wind fans. The Segway tour ends at the historic family cemetery where the Pelham family’s Loyalist background is revealed.
A tour and tasting in the underground cellar is the final stop.
When: Available year - round
- 10-minute introduction, safety, and training session on the Segway.
- 50-minute Segway tour.
- History of the winery and tour of vineyards, family cemetery (weather permitting) and Canada’s largest underground barrel cellar.
- A tasting of (4) Henry of Pelham wines.
Need to know:
- Tours will run rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by your tour guide. Bring appropriate clothing.
- Minimum Age: 12 yrs.
- Riders must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail.
- Minimum weight is 100. Maximum weight is 250 pounds.
- Riders must wear the helmet that is provided with the tour or provide a similar multi-impact sports helmet (must be CSA approved).
- Riders cannot wear shoes with high heels.
- Riders must complete the Segway Training Clinic and test ride.
- It is not recommended that pregnant women and any person with health restrictions or seizure disorders participate in this activity.
- Riders are responsible for all damage to equipment and will be required to pay damage fees as assessed by a company manager.
- Riders will be required to sign a waiver of liability.
- You must be on time. If you are late the tour will commence without you.
Whether this is your first time to the Niagara wine region or you call Southern Ontario your home, this Niagara Winery Tour by Segway is one of the best things to do in St. Catharines and makes a unique experience gift!
This unique Niagara Winery Tour takes place at St. Catharines, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience