Hit the slopes and learn to ski or snowboard at Mount Pakenham ski hill. Select the lesson package that fits you best and come see why Mount Pakenham is the place skiing and riding begins and learning never ends!
Everything you need to start skiing or snowboarding.
Make your winters fun by learning to ski and snowboard. You’ll find it surprising how much you come to enjoy winter.
Mount Pakenham, a short drive from Ottawa, only 25 minutes west of Kanata, is close to home with 10 great groomed runs, 9 marked gladed areas, snow tubing lanes, terrain parks and surrounded by cross county trails.
Discover Skiing /Snowboarding:
For FIRST TIMERS ONLY, the Discover Skiing/Snowboarding program is an easy and affordable way to see if skiing or riding is for you. The Discovery lesson is a 50 minute beginner group lesson packaged with a 4 hour Beginner Centre lift ticket and 4 hour rentals at a price you can’t refuse.
- 50 minute group lesson
- 4-hour Beginner Centre lift ticket
- 4 hour rentals (skis/snowboard, poles, boots and helmet)
- Food Voucher ($9 value)
- For ages 6 to adult for both skiing or snowboarding.
Private Lesson /2 Person Semi-Private Lesson+ Lift Ticket + Rentals:
This is a great way to fast track your learning. Enhance your performance with a private or semi-private lesson from a trained professional at Mount Pakenham’s Snow School. The Sessions last 55 minutes and are available for ages 3 to adult of any ability.
- 55 minutes of friendly, helpful private or semi-private instruction.
- All Day & Night Lift Ticket
- You choose the time that best suits you. Offered hourly based on availability and reservations are required.
- For semi-private lessons, compatible skill levels are recommended but not required.
- For ages 3 to adult of any ability.
Need to know:
- Group ski lessons - children must be at least 4 years old.
- Group snowboarding lessons - children must be at least 6 years old.
- Private lessons - children must be at least 3 years old.
- Group ski lessons can have up to 10 students in the class.
- Group snowboarding lesson can have up to 8 students in the class.
- Programs run rain or shine, warm or cold.
- Please dress for all weather. Layering for winter sports allows you to accommodate your body's constantly changing temperature. Generally, layering is divided into three areas: wicking layer, insulating layer and weather protection.
- Have sunglasses and goggles with you. Snowboarding and skiing are a lot more fun when you can see and it is important to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays.
Whether you are looking try something new on the slopes, fun things to do in Ottawa this winter or for a unique outdoor winter gift, this Mount Pakenham Ski – Snowboard Lesson is the perfect experience!
This Ottawa ski experience takes place at Mount Pakenham. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience