Little India Food Tour, Toronto
Discover authentic South Asian cuisine and culture during this three-hour guided walking tour of Toronto’s Little India neighborhood. Your knowledgeable guide will lead you through the Gerrard Indian Bazaar, home of North America’s largest South Asian ethnic market, giving you the opportunity to taste delicious foods along the way.
Spice up your life with a food tasting tour of Little India.
The Gerrard Indian Bazaar is one of the most colorful and tastiest neighborhoods in the city. Your guide will give you a brief history lesson of Toronto and show you where Little India all began and how it grew into the largest Indian bazaar in North America. You’ll learn where to buy spices, how to pick the perfect mango, eat Indian street food, Dosa, kabobs, drink Indian beer and Mango Lassi. You will get to taste modern Pakistani as well as the cuisine from the 4 corners of India.
This Toronto food tour begins by visiting one of the most popular eateries in Little India where you will taste Pakistani Kebabs, Chaat Papri, Mango Lassi, and Naan bread fresh from the Tandoor Oven … and you will even get to see how the Naan is made.
Your next stop is for traditional Indian street corn cooked outside over an open flame, much like it is done in India. The tour continues with a visit to a restaurant from the south of India where you will taste traditional "Paper Marsala Dosa" and a delicious chick pea stew called "Channa Batura". If the restaurant is not too busy you will have a chance for a sneak peek into the kitchen to see our food being prepared.
Next, you’ll discover "Hakka" cuisine, a style of cooking popular along the Indian-Chinese border. Then it is off for the best "Butter Chicken" in Toronto paired with India's original Cheetah beer. The tour finishes with an original Indian dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth.
The tasty Toronto tour includes all preselected food, beverages and restaurant taxes & gratuities.
- Tour North America's largest and oldest Indian Bazaars
- Enjoy 10 dishes at 6 different Eateries
- See how naan bread is cooked and eat it fresh from the tandoor oven
- Taste the best Butter Chicken in Toronto
- Experience Pakistani, Indian & Hakka cuisine
- Taste Indian Beer
- Learn about Indian food customs and traditions
- All preselected food & drink
- Small-group walking tour with local guide
- Restaurant tax & gratuities (Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion)
Duration: 3 hours (approx.)
When: Saturdays at 6pm
Meeting location: Outside of Lahore Tikka House, 1365 Gerrard St. East, on the south side between Ashdale and Greenwood Avenues.
Need to know:
- Halal & Vegetarian-friendly tour.
- Vegan & Gluten free options may be available for a small surcharge. Please inquire when you reserve your tour time.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable footwear.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government issued photo ID.
Whether you are visiting for the first time, or you are a local looking for fun things to do in Toronto, Little India Food Tour is definitely a unique, fun dining experience and a great adventure gift.
This food tourtakes place at Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience