Lake Louise and Moraine Lake Tour
Discover Lake Louise and Moraine Lake on this 4-hour guided tour in Banff. A jewel-like lake nestled between sky-scraping peaks, Lake Louise will make you stop in your tracks in awe.
These stunning alpine lakes look too beautiful to be real.
On this afternoon sightseeing tour, you'll visit the "Jewel of the Canadian Rockies", Lake Louise, and the world-renowned Moraine Lake. Located inside the Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site, the lakes are well-known for their distinct turquoise hues.
Your guide will weave tales of the early mountaineers, who also fell in love with this spot in the 1890s. You’ll also learn how a tragic accident at Lake Louise shaped Canadian mountain culture. You can snap some shots of the lake before walking to the Rockpile, where you’ll find a spectacular view of Moraine Lake.
- Visit two lakes located in Banff National Park with a half hour visit at each location..
- Wildlife watching along Bow Valley Parkway.
- See Castle Mountain and learn how this local landmark got its name.
- Visit the famous Chateau Lake Louise.
- Walk up the rock pile and stroll the shoreline of Lake Moraine, with its emerald waters and massive peaks.
- 4-hour tour to Lake Louise and Moraine Lake, with 30 minutes at each lake.
- Friendly, certified guide
- Hands-on interpretive tools
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from most hotels in Banff
- Early and late season road closures will limit access to Moraine Lake (until late May and from early October). When there is no access to Moraine Lake, guests will spend more time at Lake Louise.
- Refreshment and a light snack
Duration: 4 hours
Season: April through October
Need to know:
- Small group size (up to 24 guests per guide).
- Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
Whether you are looking for things to do in Banff or a unique gift idea, the Lake Louise and Moraine Lake Tour is the ticket.
The Lake Louise and Moraine Lake Tour takes place at Banff, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience