Kensington Market Food Tour, Toronto
Indulge in the culinary delights of Kensington Market on this 3-hour walking food tour located in the heart of Toronto. Without a doubt, this is the most multicultural few blocks you will find anywhere in the city. Taste everything from empanadas & jerk chicken to good old Canadian comfort food.
Recognized in 2006 as a National Historic Site, the Kensington Market, bordered by Little Italy and China town, has come a long way since its early beginnings as a British war hero's estate. Today, the bohemian lifestyle and Rastafarian Culture are a sharp contrast to an area that once served as a hub of Jewish worship, commerce, and trade.
Your guide will be waiting for you when you arrive at the south-west corner of Spadina Ave. & Dundas St. After a brief walk through old Chinatown, you’ll enter Kensington Market. Here your guide will give you a short Toronto history lesson before leading the way to the first of 6 stops at local eateries.
At your first stop, you will get to try a Torontonian snack time favourite that comes in over 50 flavours. Your guide will even buy you a bag of your favourite flavour to take home so you can enjoy it after the tour. Then it's off for a quick photo op with the beautiful downtown Toronto skyline as our backdrop.
Up next, you’ll taste Toronto's latest food trend before heading to a hole in the wall shop run by a husband and wife team for what is undoubtedly the best jerk chicken in Toronto.
The tour continues with stops for Latin American, Caribbean, and Canadian comfort food. Your guide will share stories of the neighbourhood while showing off the vintage shops and multicultural merchants. A visit to the Lopez family’s restaurant finds us feasting on authentic frozen margaritas and Mexican Tacos.
To satisfy our sweet tooth the tour stops by a bakery whose owner has been baking pies since she was nine. Last, but not least, you’re off to find that secret bar and enjoy a local craft beer or glass of Ontario wine.
This Toronto food tour includes all preselected food, beverages and restaurant taxes & gratuities.
- 3-hour walking tour around Kensington Market, a National Historic Site.
- Enjoy 8 dishes of Caribbean, Mexican, Portuguese, and Canadian fare at 6 stops.
- Taste savory and sweet snacks, and drink craft beer or Ontario wine.
- Sip frozen Margaritas.
- Discover a Secret Bar.
- Led by a local culinary professional.
- All preselected food & drink.
- Small-group walking tour with local guide.
- Restaurant tax & gratuities (Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion).
Duration: 3 hours
When: Year-round Fridays and Saturdays at 3:00pm
Meeting location: South West Corner of Dundas St. West and Spadina Avenue, in front of the Dragon City Mall (280 Spadina Ave.)
Need to know:
- Vegetarian options available on request.
- Vegan & Gluten free options may be available for a small surcharge. Please inquire when you reserve your tour time.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable footwear.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Proof of age may be required. Please bring government issued photo ID.
Whether you are visiting for the first time, or you are a local looking for fun things to do in Toronto, the Kensington Market Food Tour is definitely a unique, fun dining experience and a great adventure gift.
The Kensington Market Food Tourtakes place at Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience