Horseshoe Canyon White Water Rafting
Experience a thrilling white water rafting adventure through Horseshoe Canyon on the Bow River. This half-day white water rafting tour offers adventure lovers rafting thrills and excitement close to Banff, Canmore and Calgary.
Foaming white waters and scenic thrills.
Surrounded by shale cliffs, the Bow River thunders through Horseshoe Canyon. The Horseshoe Canyon section offers spectacular scenery, big waves … up to Grade IV. During the quiet stretches, you lift your eyes skyward and see large birds of prey soaring above. Experience a sense of remoteness while you raft your way through shale canyons and awesome white water. Cliff jumping is also available for the adventure enthusiast!
This white water river rafting trip provides the ultimate way to enjoy the beauty of the Bow River.
Whether you are looking for fun things to do in Banff or Canmore or for a unique gift, this Horseshoe Canyon White Rafting Adventure is the ticket!
Duration: 4 hours with 1.5 to 2 hours on the water.
Season: May 12, 2017 – September 10, 2017
Meeting location: Nakoda Lakeside Lodge
- Professional river guide on each raft.
- Light snack & refreshment.
- Wetsuits, lifejacket, helmet, rain jacket, wetsuit booties and gloves.
- Safety instruction and practice paddle.
- 1.5 – 2 hrs of river time.
- Optional cliff jump & swim.
- Complimentary photos (online).
Need to know:
- No experience is necessary.
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Minimum weight: 90lbs, Maximum weight: 350 lbs
- Glasses or sunglasses – are not recommended unless secured by eyeglass holders or retainers.
- Trips run rain or shine.
- What to bring: swimsuit, towel, bag, toque/beanie/wholly hat on colder days, a change of clothes including a fleece, and sunscreen.
So whether you are looking for a new way to enjoy Alberta’s great outdoors, or for a unique gift, this Horseshoe Canyon White Water Rafting experience is the ticket!
The white water rafting trips takes place at Canmore, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience