Historic Downtown Victoria Food Tour
Victoria, British Columbia
Enjoy a unique walking tour of downtown Victoria that combines a history lesson with modern food. On this 2-hour guided walking tour you’ll explore three iconic and historic areas of the city while tasting modern and local Victoria cuisine. The Historic Downtown Victoria Food Tour is a tasty history lesson indeed!
Learn about Victoria’s history, taste local cuisine, and enjoy a leisurely walking tour of beautiful downtown Victoria.
From it’s humble beginnings as a fur trading outpost, Victoria has evolved into having the largest and most vibrant Chinatown in North America. Your tour begins at the historic Hudson Bay Building, now the home of the bustling Victoria Public Market. Here you will get a tour of the market that includes a savoury handpie from Pie Co., a coffee from a local roaster, and some curried delights from the iconic Vji’s Sutra. This is the perfect place to pick up a snack for later or purchase some local foodie gifts as a souvenir.
Next, the tour will make its way to the iconic Chinatown where you will tour the hidden alleys (including the famous Fan Tan Alley) and sample modern Korean style steamed buns, a tea tasting from Silk Road Tea, and French macarons. The tour ends on the outskirts of Market Square, once the commercial capital of the city in the late 1800s. At the last stop you will have one last bite to eat and a local craft beer.
- Over 10+ food samples & beverage samples from 8 stops, including a local craft beer.
- Tour the bustling Victoria Public Market.
- Private tea tasting at the iconic Silk Road shop in Chinatown.
- Guided historic walking tour through Market Square and Chinatown.
When: November to April: Saturdays 10:30am - 12:30am
May to October: Tuesdays - Saturdays 10:30am - 12: 30am
Duration: 2 hours
Meeting place: 2% Jazz Coffee (1701 Douglas Street – East Corner of Victoria Public Market)
Need to Know:
- This tour is suitable for all ages however there is an optional alcohol sample. The legal drinking age in British Columbia is 19 years of age. You may be required to present your government issued ID to participate in alcohol tastings.
- This tour has a vegetarian option that can be requested when you reserve your tour time. Please note that the tour can not accommodate for the following allergies: gluten, dairy, or severe peanut.
Capacity: maximum 12 guests, minimum 4. Guests will be notified 24 hours in advance if minimum not met.
Walking Distance: approximatley 1 km.
Price includes: all food and beverage tastings and expert tour guide.
Tour runs regardless of weather.
So whether you are looking for fun things to do in Victoria or a delicious unique gift, this food tour is perfect!
The Historic Downtown Victoria Food Tour takes place at Victoria, British Columbia. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience