Sorry - this product is no longer available
High Adventure White Water Rafting Trip on the Ottawa River
Minimum age for participation - 13 years
Get ready for white water thrills on the Ottawa River during this White Water Rafting High Adventure! A great way to enjoy the outdoors and experience the thrill of the water first-hand aboard a traditional 12-person raft, this exciting white water rafting trip includes lunch as well as Class III & IV fun!
Experience the incredible excitement of white water rafting on the Ottawa River!
Your adventure begins with a safety briefing, basic training on maneuvering the raft and gathering your gear (helmet, paddle and life jacket). A shuttle takes you to the launch site upriver, where a large 12-passenger boat awaits. These bigger rafts are perfect for those new to the sport, bigger groups and younger children.
You will experience some of the most spectacular white water and churning rapids that the Ottawa River has to offer building your appetite up for the river bank Bar-B-Q awaiting you. After lunch and having watched the continuing action on the river you’re ready for the last leg back to base which is located just below the last set of rapids.
Following your white water adventure, enjoy a video replay of your river trip and make use of the resort facilities – kayaks, canoes, private sandy beach, volleyball, horseshoes, half-court basketball, sauna, Riverrunners Pub, and extensive woodland trails--all included in your trip.
Duration: 4 1/2 to 5 hours approximatley
Season: May to October Monday to Sunday
Your High Adventure White Water Rafting Trip includes:
- A full river sport rafting trip in a 12 passenger sport raft ( 4 ½ to 5 hours )
- BBQ lunch along the riverbank
- River gear (except wetsuits)
- Use of all resort facilities
- Video review of your trip.
Need to know:
- No previous experience is necessary (While no experience is necessary, we insist you be in good health and possess average swimming ability).
- Participants must weigh at least 90 lbs/40 kgs. and be at least 13 years of age.
- This experience is not weather dependent and will run rain or shine. However, severe conditions may prevent the experience from taking place, in which case a new date will be offered. Please telephone the centre on the day if in doubt.
- Wetsuits available at an additional charge.
- Wear footwear that does not easily slip off, such as aqua shoes, strap-on sport sandals or running shoes with rubber soles (no flip flops or crocs).
- Wear swimwear, nylon shorts or something that dries quickly and does not hold water.
- If you must wear eye or sun glasses, use strap retainers.
- Make sure your camera is waterproof or has a waterproof case.
- Participants under 18 years of age will require the signature of a parent or guardian.
- Participants must be in reasonable health and not suffering from back, neck or breathing problems.
- Pregnant women will not be allowed to participate in this experience.
- Participants will be required to sign a liability release and waiver form.
- There will be a maximum of twelve people on your raft, including you and your captain.
Whether you’re looking for the best way to enjoy the great outdoors or a unique gift, this High Adventure White Water Rafting Trip is the ticket!
This white water rafting Ottawa River experience takes place at Forester Falls, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience