Greektown on the Danforth Toronto Food Tour
Taste your way through some of the best places to eat authentic Greek dishes on the 'Greektown on the Danforth Toronto Food Tour'. You’ll enjoy authentic dishes made with old family recipes by small independent Greek restaurants, discover the world of Greek wines and much more.
This tour will have your tummy screaming Opa!
Try the best Souvlaki, Calamari, Gyros, Spanikopita, Saganaki & Greek Mezes in the neighborhood!
After meeting your guide at the Alexander the Great Parkette and a brief Toronto history lesson, you’ll dive into the best Greek gyros in Toronto at popular late night hole in the wall. Then it's off to one of Greektown's iconic sit down restaurants to enjoy a bottle of Greek wine paired with classic dishes such as stuffed grape leaves, calamari and lamb meatballs. Next stop is the restaurant of a husband and wife team that helped create some of the most popular Greek eateries in the city before retiring to a small, cozy restaurant focusing on made from scratch Greek specialities. Here you’ll taste Greek Mezzes, fresh pita, tzatziki, sckordalia, taramasalata, and the famous Greek dish saganaki (flambé table side) washed down with delicious Greek white wine from Santorini.
The tour continues in search of the best spanakopita before enjoying authentic Turkish "pide". The tour finishes on a sweet note with honey soaked loukoumades dusted with cinnamon.
The tour includes all preselected food, beverages and restaurant taxes & gratuities.
- Tour one of the largest Greektowns in North America.
- Enjoy 8 dishes at 6 different Eateries.
- Authentic Greek food made from scratch using old family recipes .
- Led by a local culinary professional.
- Taste the best Calamari in Toronto.
- Enjoy Greek Wines.
- Satisfy your Sweet Tooth.
- See where scenes of the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" were shot.
- All preselected food & drink.
- Small-group walking tour with local guide.
- Restaurant tax & gratuities (Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion).
Duration: 3 hours (approx.)
When: Wednesdays at 7:00pm
Meeting location: On the North East corner of Danforth and Logan Ave, next to the statue in Alexander the Great Parkette.
Need to know:
- Vegan & Gluten free options may be available for a small surcharge. Please inquire when you reserve your tour time.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable footwear.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government issued photo ID.
Whether you are visiting for the first time, or you are a local looking for fun things to do in Toronto, the Greektown on the Danforth Toronto Food Tour is definitely a unique, fun dining experience and a great adventure gift.
This food tour takes place at Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience