Edmonton Market Box Chef’s Challenge
This unique and exciting Edmonton foodie adventure starts with a tasty snack, a tour of the 104th Street Market and then challenge chef Brad Smoliak with produce you selected from the city market.
The Edmonton Market Box Chef’s Challenge starts with a welcome snack at Kitchen by Brad on 105th St.
With happy tummies, it’s off to the 104th Street City Market where you’ll taste your way through favourite local ranchers and farmers' stalls with popular local chef Cindy Lazarenko as your guide.
Then, each guest will get $10 market bucks and 20 minutes to find the piece of produce they want chef Brad to prepare for lunch. After selecting the ingredients for the Market Box Chef’s Challenge, it’s back to Kitchen by Brad where you’ll enjoy a private cooking class with chef Brad Smoliak and then savour the menu that's truly fresh from the market!
- Welcome snack at Kitchen by Brad.
- Guided 104th Street Market Tour with sampling.
- Cooking lesson and lunch by Chef Brad with ingredients selected at the market by the group.
- All preselected food & drink.
- Saturday, July 07, 2018 10:00pm – 1:00pm
- Saturday, August 11, 2018 10:00pm – 1:00pm
- Saturday, September 22, 2018 10:00pm – 1:00pm
*This experience has limited space and only selected dates to choose from. Dates are subject to change.
- Kitchen by Brad
Chef Brad Smoliak is a culinary legend in Edmonton. With ingredients chosen by the group, he'll create a completely spontaneous lunch.
- Jacek Chocolates
Jacqueline Jacek is a "cocoanista" and bean to bar chocolate maker who designs a new line of chocolates each season. You'll taste the latest in fashionable chocolate at her downtown atelier.
- Fruits of Sherbrooke
As a not-for-profit society, these community volunteers use fruits that grow in Edmonton to produce jams and jellies. They use the profits to feed school kids.
- Gull Valley Growers
Vine ripened heritage tomatoes that taste like summer year-round.
- Ocean Odyssey Inland
Seafood and sustainability - they taste great together as you'll see.
- Serben's Organic Farm
Pasture-raised pork and delicious sausages.
- Kuhlmann's Market Garden and Greenhouses
Growing in Edmonton for decades.
- Riverbend Gardens
Along the river valley, they grow an absolute abundance of produce.
- Winding Road Artisan Cheese
Award-winning cheeses made in Smoky Valley.
- Irving's Farm Fresh
Old-fashioned meat preparations and British sausages from Alberta's "high street" butcher.
- Reclaim Urban Farm
Loads of fresh green things.
- Sundog Organic Farm
Certified organic produce
Need to know:
- Tour stops are subject to change.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time. Vegetarian options and gluten free options are available on request.
- Minimum age for participation is 14 years.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. The walking distance between each establishment on the tour is very short. You will enjoy your tastings inside in the event of poor weather.
- Proof of age may be required. Please bring government issued photo ID.
- Non-alcoholic beverages will be substituted for those under 18 years.
- Restaurant tax & gratuities are included. Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
The Edmonton Market Box Chef’s Challenge is the perfect experience gift for any foodie. It’s a great way to discover the 104th Street Market and is sure to leave you full of fresh knowledge and culinary expertise imparted from Chef Brad.
The Edmonton Market Box Chef’s Challenge takes place at Edmonton, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience