Sorry - this product is no longer available
East Village Food Tour, Calgary
The East Village is flourishing with great food, music, history and you can experience it all on this 3-hour walking and tasting Calgary food tour. Burger, baking, appetizers, beverage pairings, history walk & a Studio Bell tour at the National Music Centre make up this exciting culinary adventure.
The tour is perfect for people that love food, fun, adventure, history and music!
You’ll meet your experienced and entertaining guide at Charbar in the Simmons building and enjoy a sensational burger and local beer. For dessert, Phil and Sebastian coffee roasted to perfection, and a sweet treat from Sidewalk Citizen Bakery.
The tour continues to Studio Bell, home of the National Music Center, for an exclusive private tour of the top 10 highlights of the centre.
A short stroll away you’ll walk past Fort Calgary and revive yourselves with appetizers and a cocktail at Deane House. Next, the tour continues to one of the best views in the city, and a toast to Calgary at Rooftop Bar @ the Simmons.
Owned by famed chefs John Jackson and Connie DeSouza, this hot spot serves up the best of Alberta and Canadian produce with Argentinian cooking methods.
- Phil and Sebastian Coffee Roasters
The beans from each coffee estate in Phil and Seb's portfolio has its own roasting profile and you'll taste the difference together.
- Sidewalk Citizen Bakery
This is the OttoLenghi of Canada - fabulous baking, sourdough methods and only fresh local ingredients in everything they serve.
- Studio Bell at the National Music Centre
You’ll breeze through the centre on a private tour that showcases the Top 10 highlights of Canadian music and the architecture and art within.
- Deane House
Contemporary Canadian cuisine from chef Jamie Harling - prepare to be delighted.
- Rooftop Bar and Patio at Simmons
Here you'll toast the city at the patio with the Calgary's most spectacular views - major photo opp! Time for #selfies.
- All preselected food & drink.
- Small-group walking tour with local guide.
- Restaurant tax & gratuities.Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
Duration: 3 hours approximatley
When: June - September Fridays 3:00 pm
Need to know:
- Tour stops are subject to change.
- Small group tour, limited to 14 people.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic, celiac, allergy). The tour provider will do their best to accomodate your needs.
- Minimum age recommended for the tour is 13 years.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable footwear.
- Walking distance: 12 blocks
- Plenty of fluids are provided on the tour but if you get very thirsty you may want to bring your own water bottle.
- Proof of age may be required. Please bring government issued photo ID.
So whether you are looking to learn more about places to eat in Calgary or for a unique gift, this tour of the East Village is the ticket!
The East Village Food Tour takes place at Calgary, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience