Downtown Edmonton Food Tour
Immerse yourself in the history and flavours of Alberta’s capital city on the Downtown Edmonton Food Tour. During this culinary adventure, you'll have the chance to discover, sip and savor some of the best that downtown Edmonton has to offer!
Eat like a local and learn from your knowledgeable, local guide the history and best bets for exploring downtown Edmonton.
You’ll meet your tour guide at one of Edmonton's finest hidden gems for a palate awakening. From here you will enjoy a leisurely walk along Jasper Avenue savouring and imbibing a mix of sweet and savoury tastings at five of the city’s premier dining establishments.
Native bison, select wine, craft brews, and appetizer pairings plus wood-fired specialties will please your palate while your brain soaks up the stories of the history, culture and art of this bustling city and former fur trading post.
- The Marc
French inspiration meets Alberta's finest ingredients.
Comfort food classics cooked up by Brayden Kozak.
- Kitchen by Brad
You'll visit Chef Brad Smoliak's culinary lab to see what's cooking and taste something extraordinary with a Ukrainian flare.
- Jacek Chocolate Couture
Jacqueline Jacek is “cocoanista” and she designs a new line of chocolates each season. You'll taste the latest in fashionable chocolate at her downtown atelier.
- The Alder Room
No green-washing the menu. Only real. Only local. Real Alberta ingredients and imagination!
- Confederation Lounge at The Fairmont MacDonald
Alberta's signature bison and craft beers tasting with a beautiful river valley view and elegant service to cap off the tour.
- All preselected food & drink.
- Small-group walking tour with local guide.
- Restaurant tax & gratuities. Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
Duration: 3 hours approximatley
When: July - August Thursdays, & Fridays 3:30pm
Need to know:
- *Tour stops are subject to change.
- Small group tour, limited to 14 people
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time. Vegetarian options and gluten free options are available on request.
- Minimum age for the tour is 14 years.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable footwear.
- Walking distance: 12 blocks and ends a short distance from the start.
- Plenty of fluids are provided on the tour but if you get very thirsty you may want to bring your own water bottle.
- Proof of age may be required. Please bring government issued photo ID.
- Non-alcohol tastings are included for those under 18 years of age.
So whether you are looking to learn more about where to eat in Edmonton, for a unique gift or to enjoy a fun afternoon, this tour of some of the best places to eat in Edmonton is the ticket!
The Downtown Edmonton Food Tour takes place at Edmonton, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience