Dog Sledding & Winter Cookout
Experience the beauty of winter with this unique dog sledding and winter cookout adventure. There's no better way to appreciate a beautiful winter scenery than from the back of a sled pulled by a team of huskies and mushers along with a delicious gourmet lunch complete with a warm fire and marshmallow roast.
This unique adventure will allow you to get up close and personal with these wonderful huskies as you learn to harness and run your own team of dogs with a two-person sled. Relax and take in the scenery of a winter wonderland as you explore the snowy country side on pristine trails. Enjoy a taste of Canadiana as you savour a gourmet lunch prepared by Chef Scott. Once finished, don't forget your toque and mitts as you jump on a sled sled and head out on an adventure!
You’ll meet your guide at Toronto’s Union Station. Enjoy a cup of coffee and a grab and go breakfast as you jump into the tour shuttle and head north of the city. Once you arrive, you will enjoy a gourmet lunch prepared by Chef Scott before meeting your new furry friends. You will be given a brief introduction on dog sledding and mushing lesson (driving your sled).
No dog sledding adventure would be complete without a warm fire and a marshmallow roast. Just before the sun sets and after a day of fun, we head back to the city.
The tour includes all preselected food, and beverages.
- Led by a local culinary professional.
- Enjoy stunning views of snow covered Canadian Boreal forest.
- Try your hand at a true Canadian pass-time.
- Learn to harness your dogs and run your own two person sled.
- Enjoy a taste of Canadiana with a gourmet lunch prepared by Chef Scott.
- Sunday, January 20, 2018
- Sunday, February 17, 2018
- Sunday, March 17, 2018
*This experience has limited space and only selected dates to choose from. Dates are subject to change.
Duration: 8:30am - 8:30pm
- Full day guided small-group tour with transportation to & from Toronto.
- Morning coffee, grab and go breakfast, gourmet lunch, snacks and beverages.
- Taxes & gratuities (Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion).
Meeting location:Union Station, 65 Front St W, Toronto
Need to know:
- Don’t wash your face the morning of your dog sledding experience and avoid using face cream, as both could lead to frostbite.
- Tour requires a moderate amount of physical activity.
- Warm clothing is essential and can make the difference between enjoying your outdoor winter activities and enduring them. Please bring a winter hat or toque, gloves or mittens, warm boots, sunscreen, and sunglasses.
- Vegetarian options available on request.
- Vegan & Gluten free options may be available for a small surcharge. Please inquire when you reserve your tour time.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
Whether you are looking to try dog sledding for the first time or for fun things to do in Toronto in winter, this Dog Sledding & Winter Cookout experience is the ticket!
The Dog Sledding & Winter Cookout experience takes place at Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience