Discover Lake Louise Winter Tour
Spend a day immersed in the rugged landscape and natural beauty of the Canadian Rockies on the full day Discover Lake Louise Winter Tour. Nestled in the heart of Banff National Park, Lake Louise offers some of the finest hiking and site-seeing in the world.
A majestic place.
Lake Louise is a majestic place that deserves time to fully appreciate. This 7-hour tour allows you just over 4 hours of free time at Lake Louise. You can use this time to borrow snowshoes and explore the many trails or enjoy a leisurely lunch in the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise (not included). There are a lot of snow shoeing trails around the lake. Your guide will bring snowshoes for you to use and instruct you on how to use them correctly. Then you are free to roam around and explore the area.
There are lots of winter activities to do once you get to Lake Louise. If snowshoeing isn’t your thing, you can hire some ice skates or cross country skis from the Chateau. You can book a horse drawn sleigh ride. You can explore even further and join a dogsled tour that runs along the Continental Divide to British Columbia (advance bookings required).
- Snowshoeing on Lake Louise - your guide will give you the option to try snowshoeing.
- Bow Valley Parkway – relax and enjoy the view along the scenic highway to Lake Louise, great for wildlife viewing.
- Lake Louise - take a stroll on the lakeshore, try snowshoeing and/or visit the Chateau Lake Louise.
- Mt. Victoria and Victoria Glacier- two dominating features of the Lake Louise area that are must capture photos. Your guide will you about their story and significance to the area.
Duration: 7 hours
Season: beginning of December – mid April
- Friendly, certified guide
- Hands-on interpretive tools
- Hot chocolate and maple cookies
- Banff hotel pick-up and drop-off
Need to know:
- We would suggest that you wear ski gear, including a ski jacket and ski pants. We would also suggest snow boots or hiking boots to keep your feet warm.
- Your lunch is not included, you might want to take something with you. Alternatively, you can purchase food from the Deli at Chateau Lake Louise.
- Remember to bring your camera!
Whether you are looking for a unique gift idea or fun things to do in Banff in winter, the Discover Lake Louise Winter Tour is the ticket.
The Discover Lake Louise Winter Tour takes place at Banff, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience