Sorry - this product is no longer available
Cowboy Dinner and Horseback Riding along the Ottawa River
Minimum age for participation - 19 years
Jump into the saddle and experience horseback riding and dinner ... cowboy style. Enjoy the beautiful Ottawa Valley scenery and an awesome meal served out on the trail, along the Ottawa River, just like the cowboys do it!
Get back to nature and enjoy this beautiful part of the world on horseback.
With the help of experienced guides and gentle, well trained horses you will enjoy stunning scenery along the Ottawa River and beautiful trails in the woods during your horseback riding adventure. A dinner rest area breaks up the ride and allows you to relax and enjoy your hearty dinner that also includes a nice bottle of wine.
Your experience begins with introductions to your horse and some basic ground work involving grooming the horse, tacking up (cowboy speak for putting on the saddle) and allowing the horse to get to know you.
Next up, your trail guide will help you in mounting up and you’ll go through a lesson and safety instruction in the outside riding ring. This allows you time to adjust to being in the saddle while also learning some of the basics of horseback riding such as turning, holding the reins, going up & down hills, and stopping.
Once everyone is comfortable, the group heads out on the trail through fantastic Ottawa Valley scenery. It won’t be long into the horse ride before you’ll feel the same reverence for the lands shared by generations of loggers, farmers, and pioneers who built the Ottawa Valley. You may even hear a tale about the days of the log boom on the Ottawa River (and may even see the ghost of Big Joe Mufferaw!).
Once you’ve enjoyed your meal, wine, had a great chat and take some pictures you will head back.
Also included with this experience is a day pass at Wilderness Tours. Come early and enjoy access to the beach, swimming pool and hot tubs.
The price is per person with a minimum of 2 people required per tour.
Season: May 18, 2017 - October 08, 2017
- Introduction to your horse and saddling up.
- Horseback riding lesson and obstacle course fun in the riding ring.
- Guided trail ride.
- Dismount and cool down with your horse.
- Dinner and bottle of wine out on the trail.
- Safety helmet and all required tack.
- Day pass at Wilderness Tours.
Duration: 4-hours approximately plus time use the day pass at Wilderness Tours
Need to know:
- Minimum age: 19 years
- All horses are assigned by the trail guide. Customers do not get to pick their horse.
- Helmets are mandatory for all riders and we provide them at no additional charge. Our total focus in on your safety and the horses safety at all times.
- Saddle Options: English and Western.
- What To Wear: All riders MUST provide their own proper riding attire including footwear with a closed toe/heel, and full length jeans or pants, t-shirt or western shirt. NO flip flops, sandals or running shoes are permitted. NO shorts, bikini tops or swimming trunks are permitted.
- Weather Policy: The experience provider reserves the right to cancel or postpone any horse rides as a result of weather making conditions unsafe for both horses and riders. This would include (but not limited to), thunder & lightening or major rain storms, extremely wet trail conditions, exceptional heat conditions/hot days.
The 'Cowboy Dinner and Horseback Riding along the Ottawa River' is the perfect way to relax and have dinner while savoring the wondrous Ottawa Valley country side.
This horseback riding experience takes place at Foresters Falls, an hour and a half west of Ottawa.
How To Book Your Experience
Breakaway Experiences Blog: Interview with Horse Country Campground