Corktown, Canary & Distillery District Toronto Food Tour
Discover the delicious flavors of Toronto’s Corktown, Canary and the Distillery District during this 3 ½ hour guided food tour. Steeped in history this area was home to the breweries, brickyards, cork stop makers and the largest distillery in the world.
Taste where old meets new!
Enjoy a leisurely stroll as you eat your way through an iconic Toronto neighbourhood that began in the early 19th Century as a home to the Irish immigrants that built this city.
As you are guided through the quaint laneways of Corktown you will see fine examples of British row houses and the cobble stone street of the Distillery Historic District that represents some the finest preserved examples of industrial architecture in North America. Along the way, your entertaining guide will provide fun facts, history and humorous stories of the city.
Meet your guide at the watchman's gates of the Distillery District and kick off this unique Toronto food tour with a fresh cup of java at one the city's best coffee roasters before strolling the cobblestone street of what was once the largest distillery in the world and is now a national historic site.
Next, you’ll fill your tummy at a French Bistro and an artisanal chocolate maker who recently had their dark chocolate named "Best in the World".
After your chocolate fix, it is on to the Canary district, Toronto's newest neighbourhood and previously home to the PAN AM Games Athletes Village. After tasting some of the best Mediterranean food in Toronto, the tour heads out to the final neighbourhood Corktown. Along the way, you’ll stop to savour some delicious Mexican food, a sweet treat and one of Chef Scott's favourite dishes at a local eatery.
Your culinary adventure finishes with a craft beer tasting at a Toronto institution dating back to 1889. In all, you will do 10 tastings at locally owned bars and restaurants.
The tour includes all preselected food, beverages and restaurant taxes & gratuities.
- Led by a local culinary professional
- Visit 3 distinct Toronto neighborhoods.
- Taste 10 dishes at 8 locally owned restaurants & bars.
- Tastings of the best Mediterranean food in Toronto, authentic Mexican cuisine and some global fusion inspired appetizers
- A visit to a chocolate shop that has recently been awarded “best dark chocolate in the world”
- A craft beer tasting at a Corktown institution first opened in 1889
- See what was once the largest distillery in the world
- All preselected food & drink
- Small-group walking tour with local guide
- Restaurant tax & gratuities (Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion)
Duration: 3.5 hours approximatley
When: April - November, Sundays at 11:30am*
*(Not available April 01, May 13 & June 17, 2018)
Meeting location: In front of the main gates into the Distillery District, 55 Mill St., near the gate keepers office.
Need to know:
- Vegetarian options available on request.
- Vegan & Gluten free options may be available for a small surcharge. Please inquire when you reserve your tour time.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable footwear.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Proof of age may be required, please bring government issued photo ID.
Does this walking food tour have anything to offer local Torontonians? Absolutely! Many of the tour attendees live right in Toronto. Locals often take the tour to learn about the history and unique, out of the way places to eat in Toronto that they didn’t know about. If you are looking for tasty, fun things to do in Toronto, the food tour it it!
The Corktown, Canary & Distillery District Food Tour takes place at Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience