Discover tasty treasures on a leisurely walking food tour through beautiful Canmore.
Canmore, the gateway to the Canadian Rockies is a community bursting with food, art and a love of the great outdoors. The Canmore Food Tour incorporates all these elements.
With access to the food businesses of local heroes, chefs, artists, wine experts, charcuteries, gardeners, street vendors, chocolate makers and cafe owners, the Canmore Food Tour takes you off the beaten track in this busy mountain resort. You might arrive a stranger, but you’ll leave feeling like a local.
- 3-hour walking tour visiting Canmore’s top eateries.
- Led by a local culinary expert.
- With standing reservations you'll breeze by line-ups and visit way more places on this tour than you ever would on your own.
- Carter Ryan Gallery
Carter Ryan Gallery features the work of Aboriginal Artist Jason Carter, one of Canada's most prolific painters and soapstone carvers. The tour meets here and sip juices from Toniq juice bar.
- Communitea Café
Owner Marnie Dansereau created Communitea Café as a venue dedicated to bringing people together to enjoy healthy food, tea, art, live music and culture.
- Rocky Mountain Flatbreads Co.
Since 2003, Rocky Mountain Flatbreads Co. has been dedicated to sourcing as many organic and local ingredients as possible.
- Canmore Wine Merchants
Canmore Wine Merchants are dedicated to making their extraordinary wines attainable for all.
- Mountain Mercato
Mountain Mercato is a food lover's paradise. It's a great place to start the day with superb coffee, stock up for a picnic, grab a sandwich or shop for gourmet ingredients.
- PD3 by Blake Canmore
Street tacos in a completely refurbished and elegant double-decker bus.
- Gaucho Brazilian Barbecue
Ede Rodrigues is a Brazilian native who fell in love with an Albertan and then brought his family's Brazilian cowboy (gaucho) techniques to barbecuing fabulous Alberta Beef.
- Jacek Chocolate
Fashion designer turned chocolate maker, Jacqueline Jacek calls herself a cocoanista. She launches a new line of fashion chocolates for every season.
- All preselected food & drink at seven venues.
- Small-group walking tour with local guide.
- Restaurant tax & gratuities. Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion.
Duration: 3 hours approximatley
When: May to October Saturdays 11:00am
Need to know:
- Tour stops are subject to change.
- Small group tour. Limited to 14 people.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time. Vegetarian and Gluten free options may be available on request.
- Minimum age recommended for the tour is 14 years.
- Tours run in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly. A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable footwear.
- Walking distance is 2 kms
- Plenty of fluids are provided on the tour but if you get very thirsty you may want to bring your own water bottle.
- Proof of age may be required. Please bring government issued photo ID.
So whether you are looking to learn more about where to eat in Canmore, for a unique gift or to enjoy a fun afternoon, this tour of some of the best places to eat in Canmore is the ticket!
The walking food tour takes place at Canmore Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience