Embark on an adventure that transforms Calgary into a real-life puzzle board, where you and your friends are the game pieces! The city streets become your playground for this team treasure hunt activity. It’s a chance to explore, discover and enjoy this unique and interactive game. Using a smartphone or tablet as your very own personal tour guide, this is an activity with an interactive twist - an opportunity to join family and friends in uncovering city hot spots, test your knowledge, and have lots of fun!
It’s your adventure, your way!
A game? A tour? YOU decide! Your Clue Solving Adventure will lead you on a route through downtown Calgary. Combining the fun of a scavenger hunt with the clue-solving challenge of an escape room and the added excitement of a race against the clock, it’s more than just a tour. This adventure game is a brain-teasing voyage of discovery and it’s your golden ticket to finding secrets even the locals don’t know.
You’ll receive a series of clues on the free APP. Each clue will lead you on an easy walk to a new location where you'll solve a puzzle or find a hidden word. Along the way you'll visit local icons, uncover hidden places, discover great dining and shopping, and enjoy stunning scenery.
This adventure is a great experience for families, friends, and groups. Whether you choose to race the clock or simply enjoy the experience as you tour the town is entirely up to you!
How it works:
- Once you’ve registered your adventure and selected your start date with the tour provider you’ll receive an email with instructions and access code. (This is done after you’ve activated your experience on Breakaway Experiences’ website.)
- Download the free APP and use the access code to activate your adventure.
- You’ll then receive a series of clues through the tour App. Each clue will lead you on an easy walk to a different location where you will have to solve a puzzle or find a hidden word.
- Clues are written assuming you have no knowledge of the town and are sequential. Each clue has several components to look for to guide you towards that clue’s destination.
- Submit the correct answer and you will immediately get the next clue. (Don’t worry, hints and directions are available but do cost you a time penalty!)
- Complete all the clues and solve the final mystery!
Choose from 2 exciting Calgary Adventures:
Sculpted in Time
Help local sculptor Imolda Bronze recover her designs from unscrupulous rival Rob Ansteel (without getting waylaid by too much shopping along the way)! Imolda needs your help to rescue her designs before it is too late!
- Start location: Downtown Calgary
- Start time: Any day of the week between 11:00am and 2:30pm
- Walking distance: approximately 5 km of flat walking
- Average time to complete: 3 to 4 hours plus optional breaks
- What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for flat walking in/around town. Dress for the weather.
- Children: At the final location all under 18's must be accompanied by an adult.
Calgary Airport Caper
Follow a trail of clues around the airport to help find 16 missing names from a very important flight manifest. Find the 16 guests, and then use your puzzle-solving skills to determine where they are going. You will see a whole new side of the airport!
- Start location: Marriott Calgary Airport In-Terminal Hotel (main lobby)
- Start time: any day of the week between 9:00am and 8:00pm
- Walking distance: approximately 2 km of flat walking (plus elevators or escalators)
- Average time to complete: 60 to 90 minutes plus optional breaks
- What you need: At least one fully charged cellphone per team (we advise 2+) and footwear for flat walking around the terminal. You are not required to go outside.
- Children: This adventure is great for children.
Need to know:
- You are not required to purchase anything along the route, however there are multiple opportunities for shopping and dining if you wish.
- Please ensure that your cellphone is charged before you start. Additional phones can be added at no extra cost. You are only required to use the phone for the APP- no internet browsing or photos. Bringing a phone charger is a good idea if your battery is weak. You may charge your phone by speaking to the businesses at your scheduled breaks. Data plans are only used to activate the adventure and are not used during play.
- Suggested team size is 2- 4 players. It is most fun when working with other people to find and solve clues.
- You can start any day, but must start within a daily time window. Along the way you will interact with several businesses and the start window is set to align with their opening hours.
If you're looking for something totally different to do in Calgary, and you think you have what it takes to solve the clues, or you're looking for an awesome experience gift for someone who deserves a little bit of adventure in their lives, try either of these fantastic Calgary Clue Solving Adventures!
How To Book Your Experience