This horseback riding tour is the perfect way to relax, get plenty of fresh air and savor the joys of the incredible Banff National Park. You’ll ride along the tranquil Bow River, an area home to wildlife amongst the thick marshes and grassy meadows.
Majestic landscapes await you!
As you follow the trail, you’ll get to gaze up at sky-piercing mountaintops, thick alpine forests, rolling hills and jagged rock formations. You might spot a hawk or eagle soaring through the sky.Your journey takes you through the Cave and Basin – the birthplace of Banff National Park, where you will find pools of bubbling thermal waters and remarkable rock caverns.
On the 2 & 3 hour trail rides, you’ll climb Sulphur Mountain and then trot up to the Windy Knoll where you can take striking photos of the sweeping landscape. Also, on the 3 hour trail ride, you’ll follow the Sundance Canyon Trail and you'll spend approximately 45 minutes riding through the tranquility of the woods, where you can often spot wildlife.
This is definitely a trip you’ll want to bring your camera for.
No prior horseback riding experience is required.
Season: Daily May to September, weather and trail conditions permitting
- A friendly horse
- Friendly, professional guide
- All necessary equipment
Need to know:
- Minimum age is 9 years.
- Children aged 15 years and under must have someone 18 years and older with them.
- Maximum weight is 250 lbs.
- Please wear closed toed shoes and long pants. Dress for the weather.
Helmets are provided and are mandatory for all riders.
- Children will not be paired with an adult. They must ride their own horse.
- All adult riders must sign a waiver prior to the tour.
- A waiver must be completed by the parent or guardian of any rider under the age of 18.
- Please ensure you arrive 30 minutes before your ride is schedule to depart.
- Don’t forget your camera.
If you are looking for an unforgettable gift or something fun to do. the Banff Horseback Riding Adventure in Bow Valley is the ticket!
The experience takes place at Banff, Alberta. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience