There are few things more satisfying than thrusting a lump of steel in to the flames and letting the sparks fly under your hammer as you craft your very own axe. In this workshop, in small groups, you will use techniques to make a camp axe with a 1.5lb head and 14'' handle.
The class includes:
- Work in pairs as a striker and director to forge your axe
- Rough grind*
- Secure handle to head
- You will take home what you make.
*Rough grinding and sharpening will be performed by your instructor.
- Sunday, April 22, 2018
- Saturday, May 5, 2018
- Sunday, May 6, 2018
- Saturday June 9, 2018
- Saturday, July 7, 2018
*This experience has limited space and only selected dates to choose from. Dates are subject to change
Duration: 8 – 9 hours Classes begin at 9am.
Need to know:
- Students work in pairs to complete their individual axes. Each student walks away with their very own axe. When you purchase an experience, you're buying a spot for a single individual.
- Bring plenty of water.
- Lunch is not included. There are several restaurants within walking distance of the blacksmith shop.
- Safety glasses, ear plugs, and gloves will be supplied.
- Please wear non-synthetic clothing such as jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Leather boots, ideally steel toed, are preferred. Keep in mind you will be getting dirty, so it's best to bring old clothes.
- You will be required to sign a waiver before beginning the class.
When you have finished your day, you'll be well on your way to becoming a blacksmith! To top it all off, you'll have your own personally forged camp axe to take home and show your friends and family, or gift to someone for a unique present.
This Blacksmith Class takes place in St. Catharines, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience