BBQ Cooking Class, Toronto
If you love a good BBQ and want to WOW your guests, then this class is for you! This class is everything you need to know to be a backyard barbeque champion, taught by a BBQ champion. This BBQ cooking class will teach you the basics: dry rubs, marinades, mop sauces, brining, homemade BBQ sauce and much more.
Become a backyard barbeque champ!
Here is your chance to become King or Queen of the ‘Q’. Join Chef Scott as he does a kitchen takeover at Wenona Craft Beer Lodge with Guest Chef and Pitmaster Jason Rees.
After a safety brief and BBQ tutorial, you will step into the kitchen where you will learn brining, rubs, BBQ and mop sauces. You will be shown how to cook the perfect steak, chicken, fish, pork and vegetables all while getting tips and tricks from an award-winning chef and pit master. You will be the envy of all your friends as you cook their steak exactly how they like it.
At the end of the night, Chef Jason will feed you his mouth-watering BBQ that he has done slow and low for over 12 hours in the smoker. Enjoy some southern style BBQ paired with Ontario craft beer and wines while continuing the BBQ conversation and getting tricks and tips from a BBQ expert.
The tour includes all preselected food, and beverages.
BBQ cooking class highlights:
- Led by Chef Scott & Pitmaster Jason Rees of the Pork Ninja's Competition BBQ Team
- Learn to make brine, BBQ rub, homemade BBQ sauce & mop sauce
- Go behind the scenes in a local restaurant
- Hear funny stories about life in the kitchen and on the BBQ circuit
- Taste 3 local craft beers or glasses of Ontario Wine
- Feast on a gourmet BBQ meal of brisket, ribs, chicken, pulled pork and all the fixins’
Duration: 4 hours
- All preselected food & drink
- Small-group class with local chef & pit master
- Restaurant tax & gratuities (Instructor gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion)
- Recipe booklet by email for you to print at home
- Stay tuned for new 2018-19 dates
*This experience has limited space and only selected dates to choose from. Dates are subject to change.
Meeting location: The Peasants Table - 782 Queen Street East, Toronto
Need to know:
- Class takes place in a working restaurant kitchen. For your safety, please no open toed shoes or flip flops.
- Proof of age may be required. Please bring government issued photo ID.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
If you are looking for a unique gift idea for the home chef in your life, this BBQ cooking class is perfect for Toronto foodies. For their birthday, Christmas, anniversary, wedding or graduation buy the gourmet culinary gift that they didn’t expect…and will always remember!
This BBQ Cooking Class takes place at Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience